Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Do doggie doors work with Chis??ive never been very good at potty training a new puppy without a doggie door,but will Chis use them,Thanks for eny info.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I would think it depends on the chi. I know Cooper wouldn't go through one to save his life.

Also with chis, you have to be careful when they're outside unattended because the smallest things can be swallowed and choked on, as well as larger dogs causing a possible threat. Just something to think about. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EEKKKK...i hadnt even thought of that,scary.Ok,doggie door is out,on to the wee wee pads,thanks.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
I wouldn't leave Lily outside unattended for a second. Even a large bird of prey could do a number on her, if not kill her outright. Too many dangers out there.
That's funny that you would mention that (not Lily being killed ... the bird of prey). I always worry about snakes getting a hold of Cooper when we're out on trails doing our hiking bit. I'm always looking down in the grass and surrounding area.

One day, I happened to hear a screeching noise and looked up, only to see a red-tailed hawk looking at Cooper. Now I look like I'm nodding all the time; looking up, then down, then up, then down. I get dizzy. :drunken:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
Rachael Polachek said:
I wouldn't leave Lily outside unattended for a second. Even a large bird of prey could do a number on her, if not kill her outright. Too many dangers out there.
That's funny that you would mention that (not Lily being killed ... the bird of prey). I always worry about snakes getting a hold of Cooper when we're out on trails doing our hiking bit. I'm always looking down in the grass and surrounding area.

One day, I happened to hear a screeching noise and looked up, only to see a red-tailed hawk looking at Cooper. Now I look like I'm nodding all the time; looking up, then down, then up, then down. I get dizzy. :drunken:
Well thanks a lot. I'm planning to take Lily to our favorite state park tomorrow and we'll be traipsing through woods and grassy meadows. I usually just worry about 1) mosquitoes camping out on her head and near her eyes and 2) her getting overheated because she will NOT drink water while we're outside. Now I'll be looking around for snakes, which I've never seen so maybe we don't even have any around here (is that possible??) but which would scare me half to death. :shock: (I know that's shock but I think it looks more like stark raving fear so I'm using it)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Well thanks a lot. I'm planning to take Lily to our favorite state park tomorrow and we'll be traipsing through woods and grassy meadows. I usually just worry about 1) mosquitoes camping out on her head and near her eyes and 2) her getting overheated because she will NOT drink water while we're outside. Now I'll be looking around for snakes, which I've never seen so maybe we don't even have any around here (is that possible??) but which would scare me half to death. :shock: (I know that's shock but I think it looks more like stark raving fear so I'm using it)
Sorry ... let's see, you're in Mass and ... umm... I don't think you have any rattlesnakes up there. Those are the ones that are really scary. Trust me, you don't wanna look a rattler in the eye. I think I might have set a land speed record the day I stumbled upon one. That and those darned cotton mouths. :shock: (I'm using it in the same reference as you did.)

Plus, I worry about the irrational snakes - the boa constrictor, the anaconda, the python... snakes you won't see on a nature hike and bike trail on a regular basis. Unless you're in South America or something. Does that help?

Tell Lily I hope she has a good time tomorrow, even if she has to deal with your odd behaviors. And tell her that Cooper LOVES drinking water outside because it gives him more ammunition to pee with. You need to explain these things to her in a way that makes sense. Cooper will only drink iced bottled water (he prefers spring) and it has to be in his special bowl that is actually for a hamster. It's so teeny, I can put it in my pocket.

Perhaps you're just not caring for Lily in the manner in which she thinks she should be treated. Maybe we should take a drive up there and rescue her from your tyrranist ways.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
Tell Lily I hope she has a good time tomorrow, even if she has to deal with your odd behaviors. And tell her that Cooper LOVES drinking water outside because it gives him more ammunition to pee with. You need to explain these things to her in a way that makes sense. Cooper will only drink iced bottled water (he prefers spring) and it has to be in his special bowl that is actually for a hamster. It's so teeny, I can put it in my pocket.

Perhaps you're just not caring for Lily in the manner in which she thinks she should be treated. Maybe we should take a drive up there and rescue her from your tyrranist ways.
That's okay, I got it covered. I'll just get her a hamster bowl. In the meantime, I pour cool water over her head, neck and tummy when we're out on hot days.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
most doggie doors are to heavy for my little girls :? they wouldn't even go through the litterbox......

and it's indeed safer to let them out supervised :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Sadie goes out her doggie door to my balcony. I dont have a yard because I live in a townhouse and I live in LA so there is no danger of birds of prey. She learned how to use the doggy door on like 5 minutes. Ritz on the other hand couldn't get the hang of it and still doesn't know how to use it. I think it's better anyways because he would probably just go outside and bark his little head off!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Fizzy has a little dog door which leads out into a safe small pen , with nothing in it but grass and paving .. I know he could get into trouble out there but there is more stuff he could get into trouble with in the house ?!?!! He has never ever touched any wires etc . I think when I leave him he never even gets of the sofa :lol: :wink: as when I get home he is always where he was when I left :lol:

He can't open the flap himself I've got it tied up with a old dog lead :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so i could try one out to a small back yard or plat area??maybe a inclosed run for him.Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
cool sara !!! everything for our fizzy :wink:

i want one too :cry: but bf won't let me.....but i have to say when we are home they get free roam of the garden.

kisses nat

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
cool sara !!! everything for our fizzy :wink:
I love it , I only ever leave him a few hours but if there was an emergancy or something and he had to be left a while I know he has somewhere to do what he needs to do ;) plus our garden fence is not safe so it's great to know he is safe when I'm not there :) when I'm home and let him into the main garden lol he runs so fast and mad bless him :lol:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Cooper said:
Rachael Polachek said:

I have worried about big birds getting my chis for years. Tiffany (passed away feb 1999) was never allowed outside alone her whole life. My 6 grown ones go outside for only a few minutes and always together. Jolie will be lucky if she ever gets to feel grass under her feet! :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts