Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So it's the cold depths of winter here (ok, it doesn't even get to freezing here and it never snows) and my new puppy arrives in a couple of weeks from further north where it's been pretty warm. Ax and Chloe are really feeling the cold too but they stubbornly refuse to stay in their knitted jumpers, they will keep their hoodies on but I feel like the hoods annoy them. I'm after some thermals for my little cutie pies. Since i'm now buying x3 I would like to spend around the $20 mark (the ones i've seen are $35 each which is over $100 for clothing they may not keep on), does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw those and they're cute but since my two are escape artists I thought something tight fitting like a thermal may have a better chance of staying on.

They are driving me nuts, they sit there and shiver so I put a sweater on them and 5 mins later its on the floor!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
the carebear hoodies stay on good. i still have xs left i think . and i have one xxs for a very tiny dog

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That might fit my new little dude, what colour is it?

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
there not sweatshirt material. i think they're cotton with some spandex in them so the have stretch. maybe your looking for something warmer?

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Do you think a blanket style coat would stay on them? I have a fleece one for Odie, and it's one of two she has that she can't get out of. The only thing is that they don't usually have a lot of coverage on the tummy area. I sewed a D ring into the back of Odie's, and if I take her out in winter I just put that on her instead of a sweater.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Hey Sarah. Miya dreads clothes but when it's cold out, they are a must. She does great with this little fleece thing. It velcros on the bottom and while she doesn't like the hood, I could cut it off. She hasn't been able to get out of it which surprises me since she is also an escape artist and there isn't much to it. It's very light. In the pink..I got it from petco last year...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aww she looks so cute in it!

What's with everything having a hood? My two hate them because when they put their heads down to sniff or pick up a toy they go over their ears. I just want something warm that fits snug and doesn't have an annoying hood. I'm thinking of the fleece vests from hip doggie but they don't have many colours to choose from, no girly ones for Miss Chloe, she must wear pink at all times (or purple in a pinch).

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I would offer to get one like that for Chloe but unfortunately summer is upon is :( I've been wanting to get another for Miya but haven't seen any. They do have these ugly orange ones that are similar.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's ok, orange isn't her colour either. I think I will just get the hip doggie ones. The boy ones are ok in black with either white skulls or orange flames, it's the girl one in baby blue with stars and moons on it i'm not fond of. They're only $20 though so I might just have to overlook the ugly print and the fact that it's not pink.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Sarah, if you have questions about Hip Doggie items just ask me, I have several,
they are by far my favorite brand. They do have a lot of clothes with hoods, but
there is a super easy way to keep the hood out of the pups' faces, I just turn the
hood inside out and it stays put. Or you simply sew it to keep it in place.

Hip Doggie is pricier, but you are getting quality items, nothing compares.
You know how much I walk my dogs, and I wash their sweaters and coats
SEVERAL times per week and not once did I have a rip or something go wrong
with a Hip Doggie item, never. They last and last.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wish! It's a US site. It's where LS got a lot of the cute things we all admire on Miss Chanel. I was going to go crazy buying stuff on there until I realized that my guys hate hoods (most of the stuff I liked was hooded :( ) so I held off. Check them out, they have really nice stuff - I so want to get Ax and Chloe matching Major Trouble hoodies even though they would hate wearing them.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh those r so cute. I'm going to get in trouble on that site :)

Be VERY careful, it is addicting.

See when I buy clothes they must have a purpose. Canada is super cold
for about 6 months out of the year, snow, slush, dirt, rain, etc, I must
protect the pups. Throughout the last 12 years or so I have tried it all,
and in my opinion nothing compares. The quality is great. They do still
have a couple products that aren't "super", but no one is perfect, right?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts