Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i just recently got a new queen size bed that sits very high. Gizmoe cannot jump on it. I just bought him some carpeted dog steps to go up onto my bed. He won't do it, he walks right around them trying to jump on my bed.

What can i do to get him to learn how to step up them? i've Tried putting him on them and he just jumps down.

:-\

I dont know i might have to return them and wake up all night to pick him up on my bed like last night.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
what me and my bf did was little by little give treats while being on top of the bed. it takes a couple times for them to get it right but he was successful! up until...my mom broke it thinking it was a real step -_-

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I'd say the treat thing..once he does it he probably will just "get it". if he wants to get up himself he'll do it..

Dexter's house is full of fun--if it were a tv program I'd watch !!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to try with the treat thing. thats what i figured would work. haha pige what a story 7$ i wish i got mine for 40$ :( hopefully he learns how to use it soon. Thanks

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Mine use dog steps plus I have a footstool for the bed. They soon learn.

Just leave them there and he'll use them. Mine took a few days to learn

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
I'd say the treat thing..once he does it he probably will just "get it". if he wants to get up himself he'll do it..

Dexter's house is full of fun--if it were a tv program I'd watch !!
LOL rubia, thanks!! hahaha its not really fun...only with dexter i guess lmao
im going to try with the treat thing. thats what i figured would work. haha pige what a story 7$ i wish i got mine for 40$ :( hopefully he learns how to use it soon. Thanks
LOL! i got it when it was on sale, a random buy too :D

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I did the treat thing with both of my chis and it works. Both chis use both sets of steps in the living room and bedroom.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I did the treat thing too. First I started just by putting a treat on the very bottom step, and they hardly had to stretch to get to it. Then on the first and second. Then on the first second and third. Then skipped the first, just the second and third....etc. You get the idea I'm sure. Tango figured it out first, and really I think he taught Jazz to use the steps more than the treats did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts