Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have just noticed that dollie has 2 canine teeth on ever side. They have never seemed to cause her problems but she has been chewing (mainly in thin air) at nothing. So I took a look and that's when I realised it. Waiter side has caused a indent on her lip. Taking her to vets on Monday. In te mean time the emergency vets have told me to give her kids bonjela. Has any body else had this problem and what was the out come

·
Registered
946 Posts
If her lip is only indented but not an open cut I would not worry. Just make sure it is flossed and give lots of chews (bullysticks, nylabones, whatever she likes) to chew on. Wiggle it yourself if you can. She might be able to get it out herself if she can chew enough....my Ziggy did and he was 13 or 14 months old. :)

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No there is no cut in her lip or gums. Just very red. I have gave her a bone tonight and she just keeps chewing mainly on her left side. There is no blood. But I'm just worried she looks like a vampire chi.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
You could have the baby teeth pulled. It sounds uncomfortable, poor baby. Taz had the same thing and they were pulled when she was spayed.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Jaxx has two sets as well. I asked the vet if they needed pulled but since Jaxx is already neutered (he did not have two sets when he was neutered) he said that he would not pull them unless they were causing problems. I make sure to keep them clean though and give him lots of things to chew on hoping the baby teeth will eventually come out.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I just noticed the age tag on your siggy...if Dolly hasn't been spayed yet you can/should have any retained baby teeth removed, it is the perfect time to do it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts