Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what to say it is, but Angel has just started a new "thing!" For one, he discovered barking last week and likes to bark at almost everything!

And today, he started coming after me, barking and biting at my leg!! He did it twice so far! I got up to take care of a customer and he came after me. He hasn't done it every time. There is a counter and a wall between me and the customers. One time, he was just running around and the other, he was in his crate.

I don't know how to handle it. My daughter's mother-in-law used to have a chi that would bite your ankles if you got up and moved around. I don't want anything like that happening.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I am going to try to attend another raw feeding seminar this Wednesday. I have my fingers crossed that this one doesn't get cancelled!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
When he does it stop and tell him a FIRM NO!! Don't let him get away with it if he keeps doing it mabe try a spray water bottle and squirt him and tell him NO.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I agree
use a firm voice and say a sharp 'uh uh! or NO!'
and use a small water pistol or spray
it really worked for me

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
This is a very undesirable behavior that you need to put a stop to immediately. A firm voice, treating for compliance, whatever training method(s) you use, but get this under control right away. Nippy dogs are NO fun. :(

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I have used the squirt bottle for barking, I am sure it could work for you too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts