Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At my work they usually have a department decorating contest for Christmas and yesterday was the judging (we still don't know if we won yet or not). This years theme I came up with Mrs. Claus' Cozy Kitchen and I made a stove and a fireplace out of cardboard. My friend made us all elf costumes to wear and we had different "stations" set up to bribe, um er I mean serve the judges goodies - we had a candy cane station, Christmas cookie station, gingerbread station and hot cocoa station. My friend took this picture of myself in my elf costume standing next to the fireplace that I made. When I saw the picture I thought to myself "Are you sure you have really lost 35 pounds!!!! Geez, I still have a long ways to go!!!!!" Anyway, here is the pic:

I can't take all the credit for the fireplace and stove my friend helped me some with that too. My friend made the logs for the fireplace and she painted the bricks onto the paper, but the rest was my idea. We even had a fan in the bottom of the fireplace so when we turned it on it would make the flames flicker. I told my boss we are NOT throwing this fireplace away this year - we are going to store it in our back room, because it came out so nice and we seem to always be incorporating a fireplace into our decorations each year.
Here are a few more pics. This is the group lead standing by the stove I made. My friend came up with the idea to use the CD cases (the kind that holds like 100 CDs) for the oven burners. The oven door even opened and I put another box inside covered with black paper and when the judges came over I opened the oven and had a cookie sheet with cookies in it that I served to them:

In this picture is our hot cocoa station and then the cabinet to the right of picture is our pantry:

And here is a department group photo:

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Wow! That looks wonderful! I bet you guys win. Let us know.
You look great! :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
that's cute, hope you win, too bad colette and chloe couldnt have been in the pic too dressed as elves :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah we won!!!!! The prize is a free department lunch. Then my daughter had her Christmas party for dance class tonight and they had a Crazy Christmas costume contest so she wore my elf costume and she won a free half hour private lesson - WooooHooooo!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Yeah we won!!!!! The prize is a free department lunch. Then my daughter had her Christmas party for dance class tonight and they had a Crazy Christmas costume contest so she wore my elf costume and she won a free half hour private lesson - WooooHooooo!
That is so awesome! Congrats!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
That is so cool! =)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts