Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what this means, as i was always led to believe that it was a sign of worms, Glyn was wormed about 6 weeks ago , and he`s done it now and again but this last 2 weeks hes started doing it more often, and i cant stand it think it looks awfull, iv looked and his bum is clean and not red at all, any ideas on whats causing him to do this thanks,:confused:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
What about his anal gland?

Gretel begins to drag her bottom whenever she's getting due for her gland expressing. I can usually tell because she gives off an "odor" for lack of way to describe it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Thank you for the links zippy, I do think that if Glyns mom hasn't ever done it before and she thinks it may be that causing Glyn to drag she may want to get instructed, my groomer and vet were both happy to explain and i'd much rather pay to have it done as i'm not the best dog doctor and you do run the risk of hurting the pup if done wrong.

who knows, maybe there isn't anything causing Glyn to drag and he's just bored :]

·
Registered
125 Posts
I should also add that since we got Zippy off of junky food (Petigree) and switched to an alternating HQ kibble and raw on-the-bone chicken diet we have had very very little butt dragging and his anal gland has naturally been expressing itself when he poops. We tried a manual expressing during his bath last week but there was nothing that needed to come out!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help and info everyone, im going to book him in this week and ask vet to check anal gland, never had to do it with any other chi or dog iv had , dont think i could to be honest, but will ask vet just to rule it out if nothing else, will let you know what happens,
thanks again

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'd never had to deal with it either till I got Gretel, at about a year old or so I started noticing it and then the dragging started. I haven't had any problems with Godric and since I switched her from Eukanuba the gland issue has severely decreased.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bruiser is fine but every so often bambi starts to drag and its usually her glands! Its not expensive and it just easier to get the vet to do it imo:)
It might not be that could be bored or have an itch lol but would just get it checked at the vets :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts