Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dreams can break your heart.I laid down for a short nap and had a horrible dream.I had a big white house with a white picket fence.A chi friend I dont know came to visit and brought her chi for a chi play date.It had 3 legs.She came in the fence gate with her chi and set him on the ground in the back yard.It ran to Dahlia and they checked each other out.I was in the front yard and was right behind them.When I opened the gate to go in,Dahlia ran out the gate and ran away down the street.I was crushed and panic stricken.The feelings in the dream were heartbreaking and the sense of loss horrible! I woke up and came out to the living room where my hubby was on the couch with his laptop watching TV.I told him about the dream and at that moment a ASPCA commercial with Roberta Flack came on and she was singing "The first time ever I saw your face".That is the title to the first picture I ever took of Dahlia.The pictures of the sad, abused, homeless dogs were too much for me.I rushed into the kitchen and scooped up my sweet little Dahlia for a chi hug and kisses.I was crying my eyes out.She licked the tears from my face and I sat with her snuggley in her pink baby blanket in my computer desk chair.I was so sad and yet relieved at that moment.My little lovebug was safe in my arms.

There are so many sad and abused animals in the world who only want to be loved.I am considering making a donation to the ASPCA in Dahlia`s name.That dream and the commercial really touched me with the sadness.Maybe you will take a moment and think about it too.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
So sorry about your bad dream, Rhonda. And those commercials kill me too. They're so unbearably sad and haunt me for ages after seeing one. I always donate to rescues/shelters. So many animals in need out there. :(

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Those commercials always grab me too...last night I saw one with a chihuahua that had a cut and bleeding leg, he had the saddest eyes. I feel so bad that those animals only know humans as cruel and heartless. Some are incredibly lucky like the rescues here that have found warmth and love. As I type this I have Pip and Roo's little eyes looking at me. They finally know true love. If only they could all have it :(

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I hate dreams like that....so sorry you were sad and upset. But just remember that your little girl is ok and she is safe with you:)
Those tv commercials break my heart too...but I always try to think about them in a positive way knowing that there are good people out there that do so much rescue work and caring for these little angels. They may not all make it through, but so many of them do and that is the positive part of it.
Sending you hugs and lots of good positive thoughts....:)
Dar and the silly monkey girls:)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I feel you!

I have had many bad dreams with my chi chi's in it :(

I cannot watch those shows I ball my eyes out if I see anything bad having to do with animals we have the pet network, nat geo and animal tv o I watch a lot of rescue shows and I can't take it sometimes, I literally ball the entire show! One time there was a chi that someone burned off his eyelids I seriously wanted to throw up from crying so hard. The world is CRUEL I wish I could save them all! A donation is so thoughtful of you there is definitely a large # of animals that need help!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the comforting words.
My dreams are so livid they feel like reality.
I feel better today......its my Birthday!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Oh i hate dreams like that too!
Glad you feel better now.

I have direct debits out my bank each month for the dogs trust and SSPCA here.
The ads really get to me too. x

Oh and you have a Birthday thread Mrs. lol x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts