Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please help my chi head butted the cabnett this morning fell on her side screaming but her legs was going frantic I picked her up but she just fell over again I cuddled her and spoke to her and she was wobble for about 5 mins now just wants to sleep ????

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
You need to start a new thread, you've just bumped one from 2009. :)

And I would not post on a forum really she needs to go to the vet! It's very difficult to assess the dog without being able to see it. It's really hard to say, imagine if someone told you "she'll probably be ok" and isn't? head injuries in these small dogs especially if they have an open fontanel can be fatal!

I'd ring your local emergency vet if it's after hours or your normal vet if its daytime. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This can be extremely serious!! I’ve seen chi’s die due to being dropped and landing on their head. Please be careful & safe with your chi’s. Accidents happen but chi’s are very sensitive!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
that being said we’ve dropped our little one & she too landed on her head (just assume they will because they always do they ain’t cats,) and luckily she was ok but the vet told us after had she landed a certain way on her head she could have a brain bleed and die very quickly.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts