Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome our new member! Just picked her up this weekend and we are ecstatic (well we is too many, I am lol). After a 20+ hour drive, we came home with our princess. She is 8 weeks old. It was a hard week for me because we lost all our rescue dog's puppies!! She gave birth in the middle of the night and it was hell on earth. I broke down and my husband was heart broken. We felt the puppies move around but they were born too early, devastating to watch. Had to call the families waiting for puppies and let them know what happened. Never want to endure that again. I was ecstatic when the breeder said we could pick this little munchkin up early. I am on cloud 9! Not touching her too much because she is so small, just keeping her warm with a full tummy until she gets a little bigger. Any ideas on what to name her? I am too excited, cant think straight.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Adorable. So sorry for the loss of your puppies. Sometimes nature is cruel, but sometimes it is for the best? As for names, I can think of alot, but YOU are the one who must choose it!

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Oh my she is adorable! Is she a long coat? If she were mine i would name her Sugar.
It is awful that you lost the litter, but the mum made it which is the main thing. Nature can indeed be cruel.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aww she is such a tiddler! She looks a bit like a baby bunny in these pictures :)

I can imagine how thrilled you are!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thanks, she does look like a bunny! Reminds me of this news article I saw where this guy thought he bought a poodle and later realized it was a steroid filled ferret!! LOL

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She is tiny, how much does she weigh? Were her parents tiny too. She looks like a Pearl!
I like Pearl!! Her parent were not tiny mom is 6 lbs and dad is 5 lbs. Its a champion breeder who just happened to have a smaller one in the litter. She is 8 weeks and 8 oz (totally freaks me out) I have another tiny but she was older when I got her.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Adorable. So sorry for the loss of your puppies. Sometimes nature is cruel, but sometimes it is for the best? As for names, I can think of alot, but YOU are the one who must choose it!
Thank you! Yes nature can be cruel sometimes and for the best even if we do not see it that way at the moment. I am thinking about names, I already have a Ruby and Jade so I like Pearl. I always end up changing the names a couple times haha

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh my she is adorable! Is she a long coat? If she were mine i would name her Sugar.
It is awful that you lost the litter, but the mum made it which is the main thing. Nature can indeed be cruel.
Stella I like Sugar, except she is not sweet, she is fiesty lol she growls already but I love it! I believe she is a long haired but not thick, parents had longish hair just around ears and medium length on the back.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Thank you! Believe it or not I am not sure LOL her parents were long coat but kind of like Ava with hair around the ears, not that thick coat. Breeder said she would be similar to that.

Awe! Well she is beautiful. It'll be so nice to watch her grow! I wanted an all white chi so bad. They are very tough to come by. Congrats to you and your little beauty 😊

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
655 Posts
She looks like a little smartie, too! Beautiful intelligent looking doe eyes. She is amazing, you must adore her!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts