Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah i know I feel bad for his poor throat, that thing must be raw by now. You know it really does make me feel a lot better now that I got this out in the open rather than having it bottled up inside for the past few days. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
You just use us as your sounding board. We will help you sort through it. You are such a good mom. And even though your mil acts like she doesn't hear you or want to follow any of your advice, maybe a tiny little bit of it is getting through. :)

Brodysmom

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Aww, thank you. I truly do hope so. I did convince her to switch from feeding her chis Pedigree, Eukanuba and Science Diet over to Innova Evo and Natural Balance. At least something got through. Thanks for giving me some hope!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning guys! My mother in law asked me to post a question on here for her. She has a 9 year old long coat chihuahua that went to the vet a week ago on Thursday, June 18th to have his teeth cleaned. While he was under for the teeth cleaning, the vet pulled 9 teeth that were loose and in really bad shape, and gave him his rabies vaccine. When she went to pick him up from the vet that afternoon he had a dry cough that the vet said was normal. He is also taking an antibiotic (Amoxicillin) twice a day since his teeth were pulled.

Well, it's been a whole week and his coughing has actually increased since she picked him up from the vet and shows no signs of going away. So her question for the forum is, is this dry cough lasting this long normal? Anyone have experience with this or suggestions on how to help ease her dog's coughing? For what it's worth, her dog does not cough when sleeping or eating but when he's awake it's nonstop coughing.
I have a chihuahua mix and the same thing happened. He is now on prednisone for the cough which has helped a lot, however when weaning him off. He started coughing non stop again. It is heartbreaking to not know what to do.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts