Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 10 month old chihuahua has always had well moisturised skin until winter came..I am noticing a lot of dry skin on her & Im not sure what to do to help with that! She doesnt seem too itchy but it cant be enjoyable it being that dry! I feed her high quality dry and wet food all natural stuff & also dried out salmon snacks which contain a lot of Omega 3 oils....is there anything I can do to solve this problem? anything I can give her? I had read squeezing a vitamin e capsule onto a piece of bread and feeding it to her but i dont really want to try anything im not sure of! HELP!

·
Registered
384 Posts
what do you mean dry skin? do you mean her fur? or her paws perhaps?

and maybe you should try a certain type of doggy shampoo. maybe something like that helps.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Instead of the dried out salmon snacks you could buy a can of Wild Alaskan Salmon from Walmart & mix it with her food. My vet sells a very good moisturizing shampoo called HYLITE that has done wonders for my chi or you could use Johnson's Baby shampoo.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Healthy skin comes from the inside out. What are you feeding? I'd suggest adding salmon oil and/or coconut oil for the omega 3's.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Lola had really dry skin after a flea alergy, my vet suggested giving her 1 evening primrose capsual a day and it will give her a glossy coat and help with her skin!
Must admit it did work, her and Penny have 1 every morning and they think its a treat!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts