Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I've managed to find yet another "new" food for the gang...duck eggs! A friend has ducks and gave us some eggs to try....they eat them themselves, but were happy to share with our Chi's :hello1:

has anyone ever fed duck eggs?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
No, but seriously jealous! Yay, that sounds like a score!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeep! My boy used to get a duck egg omelet (with shredded zucchini, carrots, chopped bell pepper, cubed cedar cheese and tbsp of cod liver oil) twice/month.

He also gets a hard boiled quail eggs (with the shells- grounded, of course) once/week.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fed a couple of the eggs and they loved them!!! Yea, and no stool problems, which is what I was concerned about (especially since it's been raining non stop for days and they don't want to go out--yikes).:hello1:

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
So this thread is a little old, but I did want to say that I got a bunch of duck eggs and everyone here loved them. Writing on this forum has also made me realize a pattern I have started since starting raw. I find new meat for the dogs, then I end up eating in myself.

Let me go enjoy this duck egg cheesecake I just made...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So this thread is a little old, but I did want to say that I got a bunch of duck eggs and everyone here loved them. Writing on this forum has also made me realize a pattern I have started since starting raw. I find new meat for the dogs, then I end up eating in myself.

YUMMY!!! :hello1:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Wow! Maybe I need to expand my variety of eggs that we eat!!! My neighbors that gave them to us eat the eggs regularly themselves. I know my doggie clan loves them:)

I would also like to say that I love this forum for food talk! I've been a raw feeder for 12 years and was very stagnate in my variety for most of them. Posting/writing about it really brings it to light (what you are feeding/doing) and makes me want to broaden my horizons with the help and knowledge of others. It makes it even better that most of us write about the same breed too!:hello1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts