Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gidgets sire...Gizmo

He is the one on the far left and Gidgets mom is the black one beside him

He was posted today for free and I thought wow he looks familiar. I happened to be the first to call and drove to get him. I looked back at a photo of Gidgets sire and thought how crazy would that be but seeing Gizmo and Sophie's photo on this guys lap I knew it was them. The owner had let their groomer know they were looking for a home for them and this mans wife got them, sadly this mans wife passed away 6 months ago and he was taking care of 4 Chihuahuas and a Rat Terrier. He is keeping Gidgets mom Sophie.

He is super sweet laid on his back and I rubbed his belly the 1 hour 20 mins home with his little tongue out. I can see Gidget in his face. He grunts like her too and LOVES those belly rubs like she does. He is unaltered and that was one of the reasons I went after him, I could not bare to think of a mill getting their hands on him. Not sure if he will remain here or if I will have him neutered and place him so right now it is a wait and see game. He is a bad marker so he has a belly band on him for the first time. He has went after Trinket a couple of times and snapped at Chibi. Oh and the man told me he was like 1 or 2 lbs, I love how people guesstimate weight. I weighed him and he is 3 lbs 12 oz. He is longer than Chibi but shorter also a courser coat than the rest of mine. He is much bigger than Gidget.

Hubby is not happy, LOL!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Wow! How fortunate you saw him so there was no chance of him becoming a puppy mill dog!! He's a real cutie. :) The course fur may change with better food. Lulu's fur was course and smelly on Science Diet but is smooth as silk and never smelly on the various commercial raw diets she has been on.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Congrats! I hope he gets to live with you and gets along great with the others. He is handsome! I really like his markings. Hopefully hubby will come around soon 😊

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they had him on Purina lamb and rice and some of the not so great treats. He also said he gave him that Ceasar wet food but it was so rich it bothered his tummy. They did not have any of the purina to send home so I could gradually change but sent the Ceasar. I am worried about a bad belly. I am going to start him on the dry Organix that I have down all day for everyone and wait on the premade RAW I feed the others. I have also been giving coconut oil but I am going to wait on that a bit too. I am hoping the coconut oil will help his coat also.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Don't give the Ceasar! I can attest to it making them sick. Long ago I gave it to Midgie and it made her sick. Found out it's full of fat. It's very ironic that you can across him and I think you should keep him. Lol Hubby will fall in love with him. He's adorable. Not sure if I missed it, but how old is he?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Aw- he is a cutie! And I totally understand why you ran over and got him... family is family even if they are your dogs family. That's why I have a feral dog that hates my husband at home LOL!

I can't blame his tummy for not taking the caesar, it was likely not "too rich" but I would bet his insides knew that "animal by products" and "T-bone flavoring" were not in fact likely actual food products. If you are going to continue to leave the dry down all the time then it is a good idea to start with that first. I bet he would be ok on the raw after he adjusts for a few days though.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would only give the Ceasar to blend so not to upset the tummy to quickly from a change. He is not interested at all in the Organix but hopefully he will settle in quickly and start eating it. He seems to be pretty relaxed though. Vet appt. later today.

·
Registered
82 Posts
He is so adorable/handsome! What a wild twist of fate to bring him into your life. I am sure he will be very happy in his new home :).

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and he is between 5 and 6 yrs old. The man is looking for his papers said his wife has put them somewhere. I will know more when/if he finds them

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is looking like he may go with my daughter when she gets a place. They have really bonded. He is sleeping with her at night

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ohhhh I love that little head! What a cutie, so handsome. I would of taken him in too and wait and see what happens. Either way I am sure he will have the best home!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Wow...it is funny sometimes how things just work out how they are meant to! I'm so happy you saw his ad. He has the perfect home. ;)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He is the biggest ham! I have got to get video of him when we are loving on him...the looks of ecstasy on his face is hilarious!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts