Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Chico a bag of the Organic formula today. I wanted to switch him to it from the Wellness because I want him to gain a little more weight (he looks to skinny to me), and I don't think the Wellness will help him do that.

I mixed some in with the Wellness to get him used to it, and I think he likes it because when he was eating, he'd spit out every piece of Wellness he picked up :lol:

Does anyone else feed this to their chi's? And if so, how they doing with it?

EDIT: LMAO!!! It edited out the name of the food :lol: So it's DVP (Natural Balance) now But it's Richard Van Patten (The actor, but he goes by the nickname for Richard)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sorry i haven't tried it, but Diego looks really skinny to me too...he eats like a pig though so I'm thinking he'll fill out more as he gets older. How old are your pups and how much do they weigh?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I switched Cooper from Wellness to Natural Balance and he never liked either one, although he'd pick the Wellness out and eat the NB. He does that every time I have switched him ... he picks out the old and eats the new.

I just switched him to Flint River Ranch and he loves it. It's higher in fat than I wanted (he's dieting) but I figure if he likes it and it's good for him, then who cares. If he doesn't like the NB, you might consider it. There are tons of websites out there that sell it (it's not available in stores) ... I used http://www.flintriver.com. They will also send you sample packs for $3-4 too.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've had my two older dogs, a cocker and a terrier, on the DVP duck and potato for a couple of years now. They are plenty "filled out" weight wise and the vet told me that the cocker needs to lose weight.

My terrier doesn't like it very much but will eat it but my cocker loves it but she loves anything edible!! My Chi baby loves it, too!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Actually I have given my oldest chi that food for about a year now she loved all the flavories and the vegetarian one.I am mixing it with Canidaen and it seems that she is make less stool which is great for me less to pickup.Even her allegries,skin,and coat have improved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts