Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my chis both have ear mites... i cleaned their ears the other day cuz they had lots of brown wax in em and there is tons more in their today! And i also saw bella itching at her ear a couple of times... Should i take em to the vet or should i just go out and get some of those drops? Bella has an appointment tomorrow to get her DHPPC #3 so should i just wait until then? I just feel like such a bad mommy cause the problems with these two are never ending... i bring them to the vet all the time it seems... :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,815 Posts
HEY!!! I just noticed that you're from HB! Crazy!! That's where I grew up and where my parents still live. I go down there all the time! What a small world! What vet do you go to? Anyways, about Bellas ears, just wait until your appointment tomorrow. I don't think it's going to get worse in 1 day. And don't feel bad! You're not a bad mommy! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ilovesadie said:
HEY!!! I just noticed that you're from HB! Crazy!! That's where I grew up and where my parents still live. I go down there all the time! What a small world! What vet do you go to? Anyways, about Bellas ears, just wait until your appointment tomorrow. I don't think it's going to get worse in 1 day. And don't feel bad! You're not a bad mommy! :D
Really?!? Cool!!! I just moved here about 2 months ago so i am tryin to get a feel for things... I go to Huntington Beach Vet Hospital Off Utica and Beach... What vet did you use?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,815 Posts
Could be a lot of things other than ear mites, so no matter how much you want to, DON'T clean out the ears before the vet appointment. The vet needs to sample the debris in there to know what kind of bacteria/fungus/mites are growing in there so they can prescribe the right medication.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the vet checked out both their ears and said no ear mites!!! He said bella has a tiny bit or irritation but otherwise they are good to go! Yay! No yucky ear mites!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,815 Posts
ilovekeiki said:
Really?!? Cool!!! I just moved here about 2 months ago so i am tryin to get a feel for things... I go to Huntington Beach Vet Hospital Off Utica and Beach... What vet did you use?
Ooh, hmm...I can't think of where that hospital is. Is it in that big shopping center? Or is it across the street? We go to a vet in West LA. There's a dog park in the central park. Have you been there? They have a small dog section. Have you been to the dog beach?

Glad they don't have mites!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ilovesadie said:
ilovekeiki said:
Really?!? Cool!!! I just moved here about 2 months ago so i am tryin to get a feel for things... I go to Huntington Beach Vet Hospital Off Utica and Beach... What vet did you use?
Ooh, hmm...I can't think of where that hospital is. Is it in that big shopping center? Or is it across the street? We go to a vet in West LA. There's a dog park in the central park. Have you been there? They have a small dog section. Have you been to the dog beach?

Glad they don't have mites!! :D

Its the vet across the street behind the auto shop. I dont know if it is any good or not, i am new in the area and dont know anyone yet. I chose them because they are very close to my house and if there were ever an emergency we wouldnt have far to go. I have heard of the dog park but havent been yet because we havent had all our shots! But as soon as we are able to go we will! Same with the dog beach, i cant wait to see how the pups react to SAND! hehehe
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top