Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a question...My Chihuahua is 13 weeks old and when we got her, her ears were floppy like they should have been for being a puppy, and over time, her ears have stood up, well over the last few days, one of them has been slowing getting more floppy. It does not bother me and I dont plan to ever show her or anything, but I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone and what the outcome was :)
I also want to mention that she has a sister, who my parents have, who also have a floppy ear, but her one ear NEVER stood up, its always been floppy...its cute as can be too :)

I am just curious if this may be "normal" or if something is wrong with her ear
:(

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
It should stand back up. You can put breathe right snoring strips in the ears to help them stand if you want to. Just wipe the inside of the ear out w/ rubbing alcohol, let it dry, cut the strip in half and put half in each ear. Show dog or not, a chi's ears should stand up! A lot of dog's ears flop when they are teething, but, on LC, sometimes they don't stand back up without help due to fur that grows.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Normal for the age. Teething causes them to go up and down and sideways. lol Give it time, it should pop up fine.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Jazz has HUGE ears, and I was certain they weren't ever going to stand up. Both were completely flopped over when I first rescued her as a puppy. As she grew they did their up/down thing, first one then the other, then both down, then one up one down, then they switched sides.....it was a hoot! :D Ultimately they both stood up but there was a time I was certain they weren't ever going to stay up. The just looked too big for her tiny face!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts