Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that their ears if they are going to stand up will do it by the time that they are 6 mos. old, but is it normal for them to go back and forth between standing up and flopping over? Zoey started out with floppy ears, then her right one stood up for a little over a week-now it is back to floppy again. I don't care either way what they do because she will still be cute but just curious if this was normal or a sign that she will always have floppy ears.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Yes some will go up and down during teething.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yeah Darla's went up and down a lot when i first brought her home.
They are standing now and have been a while. x

·
Registered
614 Posts
Toby's ears were down when he came home with us, we didn't even really notice when they went up. I think it was a few days after he came home and they have stayed up.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
The ears can go up and down, or stay down, or stay up, or have one up and one down, or any combination of the above, and it's all normal. Some chis ears continue to do this throughout the entire first year, so don't be surprised if it continues beyond the 6 months timeframe you mentioned.

Jazz's ears did the up/down thing over a period of a couple weeks. They were both down completely when I first got her, and stayed that way till one just suddenly popped up one afternoon, when she was about 4 months. Then the other one followed suit a couple days later, then that first one flopped again....and it went on like that for a couple weeks. Then they were both up, and have stayed up since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts