Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elli's ears were down when we got her at 8 weeks. At 10 weeks they were standing strong. They stood perfectly for 3 weeks and then one of them started to go down at just over 13 weeks. Now she is 14 weeks today and for the last 3 days both of them have been down.

Would this be from teething? Since her ears were standing for awhile are they likely to come back up again in time?

Neeci's ears never did this. Her ears came up at 13 weeks and stayed up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The same thing happened to Nugget. For a while, he had one ear up, one down. I think of it as his "awkward phase" :) Both ears stand straight up now.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the little teeth I found on the carpet. ;)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
My chihuahua did the same thing his ears were up then down then flipped backwards and now they're up all the time he is 2 years old now though.

One of my chi's puppies had straight up ears then when his 2 sisters went to their new homes before him his ears went back down. Now with his new owner they are up all the time lol

I also have a chi whos ears have NEVER stood up they are always flopped over don't know why. She is almost 2 now and can't get them up both her parents have straight ears

1 - 8 of 8 Posts