Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little curious about Zoey's ears lately. When we first got her they were floppy, then after a while they went back and forth between floppy and "Yoda ears", while they have been up for several months now, in the last few days her left ear has decided to start flopping over again with a little more each day. I know that they will do this when teething but all her adult teeth are in. Should I be concerned or just enjoy the fact that one is floppy and one not?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Ears are a sign of teething some go up and down like a yoyo are you sure all her teeth are in.. i am no expert but i very much doubt it if she's only 5 months old.

·
Registered
912 Posts
My girl Lo is coming up on 5 years old. Her ears were floppy as a puppy, but up by the time she was spayed. They are still floppy when she wakes up in the morning after cuddling under the warm blanket for probably an hour (she's so lazy and it takes her that long to fully wake up). :) They are also floppy any other time she's warm and relaxed. I like that they go back and forth, I think it's super cute.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ears are a sign of teething some go up and down like a yoyo are you sure all her teeth are in.. i am no expert but i very much doubt it if she's only 5 months old.
I checked her mouth the other day and yes they were all in-we are only guessing at her age since we found her from a lady at a Pet store who was a little weird so not sure her approximate age.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Yes its all due to teething :) Give her a chance and eventually they'll even up! I love it when theyre floppy! Im in love with Dustin & Hoppers ears at the moment for this reason! lol Love to see some pictures!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
They are usually up at her age if they are going to stand. But there is a chance that it will come back up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My aunt's 8 year old chi has ears that alternate back and forth. Some days the tips will be floppy, other days they'll stand a bit straighter but never fully erect. Like someone else mentioned, his ears will also go super floppy around bedtime or whenever he's tired. Alternately my chi has ears that stick straight up no matter the circumstance, and they are both from the same breeder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts