Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Ive noticed my puppy has a little bit of ear wax in his ears.

Not alot at all as far as i can see but it is to far down for me to get out without damaging his ear.

Is there anything that i can use to keep it at bay.

I dont want something that i need to use daily for like a week as like i said it isnt much at all.

I would just like drops or something i can use say once every few weeks so it doesnt build up and cause any problems.

Also i have noticed him shake his head, ive only seen him do this once or twice a day, could this be related to the ear wax.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What colour is the wax? If he is shaking his head it may be an ear infection & could warrant a trip to the vet. When Bella got an ear infection as a pup the wax was black & smelled a little.

Not sure if you can buy drops to keep the ears clean, but it might be worth just calling the local pet stre to find out :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
liss is 100 percent correct. If your dog is skaking its head more often that is a sign of an infection or even ear mites.You would need to see a vet. If it is only a little wax moisten a cloth with mineral oil and wrap it around your finger. Then insert your finger into the ear canal as far as it will go and gently wipe the surface to remove dirt,excess wax and debris.Folds and crevices that can not be reached with the cloth can be cleaned with a cotton-tipped applicator , moistened with mineral oil.Be careful not to go deeply.Make sure your dog does not jerk around this could damage the delicate skin lining in the ear passage.Hope this helps.
Shirley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts