Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Yes you can see they've already started to stand.. Daisy's ears were completely down at 9 weeks and looked like that pups at about 12ish weeks!! Wasn't until 15 weeks they stood right up!! We still have tipped days but she's teething.

He looks sad!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe...he DOES look sad! We're going to take a look at him tomorrow along with another from his litter. We'll see! The brother has his ears up but he's got a white face which always makes me nervous as far as tearing goes =)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Ah you are so lucky.. i'm so jealous.. they will stand. Daisy's smaller brothers were up when i saw the litter hers took forever.. her sisters also weren't up! I blame the extra hair personally!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wow, what a knock out!!!!

The long coats can sometimes take a bit more to stand fully, due to the excess load of fuzz they're carrying!

They will definitely stand, so don't worry!! Give him a few weeks and all will be well!

He's super cute!! xx

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
They look like they will to me. He is absolutely beautiful too! I love his color and white markings. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
We are hoping we might be able to show him. It's a bit of a longshot, but the breeder believes he's showable/finishable as long as his dang ears stand ;-) his bite's been on all along, and his knees are good. He has a great topline and a sassy personality. He's champ sired and she will give me full reg. on him. He is charting to be about 3 lbs as an adult =) So...we'll see! He has a brother with almost identical stats so we'll be taking a look at him too, but he is white with red spots/ears. I figure even if he gains a whole pound more than he should, he will still be a bitty boy! They have lovely lush coats that they got from their daddy.

He's got a nice dome ha ha.

His ears are also already up. BUT the tear staining would be a pain if showing.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
That pups tear staining is really bad for its age.. Daisy doesn't get much at all (as you've seen in my fb photos.. and none are photoshopped!) Dunno if its the pic but the 2nd pups muzzle looks at a funky angle.. i like the sad faced one.. although he will end up a creamy light red colour i think!! The ears will be up in a couple of weeks time.. i promise!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
lol, flipped, I thought your other thread said you WEREN'T getting another one soon... :D:D:D He's adorable though. I agree and think his ears will stand up and be all furry soon enough!! Might this be little Ruger or Wesson?!? :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I'd have the red fawn without a doubt.. that tear staining is quite disturbing. Let u sknow after you've seen them i'm excited

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha, so...I ended up going with the white boy. The staining was not nearly as bad as it looks in the pictures and he by far had the better head/muzzle and a slightly shorter body which is preferred in males. I'm going to get the staining that HAS occurred under control asap and then just keep it that way =)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Haha, so...I ended up going with the white boy. The staining was not nearly as bad as it looks in the pictures and he by far had the better head/muzzle and a slightly shorter body which is preferred in males. I'm going to get the staining that HAS occurred under control asap and then just keep it that way =)
I thought he was the cutest and nicest of the two. :wink: Congrats!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought he was the cutest and nicest of the two. :wink: Congrats!!
When he looks up with his little face I almost melt. He has a perfect little 90 degree muzzle and great head and body. He also moved better than his brother did and so all of those things were selling points. If I wanted another pet, I certainly would have gotten the other, but after talking to the guy who does most of the showing, the white one was a better choice =)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts