Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Chocolate Chi has a funny thing on each ear, up at the tip he is missing a few hairs, making a 1/8" notch. Skin is fine, and hair below is fine, just the tip. On other ear it sis a much smaller notch. Doesn't seem to be getting any larger, and just noticed it about a week ago. Thought it was from his brush-up with a duck.

Duck... he got out the door at daughters house and there was a duck outside, he chased it, it flew away. Later he skitted out again, but I think the duck was waiting. I went out to get him and he was taking refuge under a swing chair, and ran back in, figured the duck went on the offensive.

Anyway, anyine else see this? Is it a natural thing when changing climate? (Just movd from RI to FL)

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tucker had this. The vet said it was called Ear Margin Dermatitis. It lasted for several months, and then resolved on its own, seemingly overnight. The vet said that it isn't contagious, that it would probably get worse (it did), and that I could try putting hydrocortisone cream on it, but I didn't. The vet had said that it could possibly resolve on its own, which like I said, it did. (Tucker will not stand for his ears being messed with---at home anyway!)

P.S. I don't want to discount the fact that I prayed for Tucker's ears to heal every day until they did! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try to get a pic of the ear to post. I do have a good one of Koda I'll try to upload. I'll give the Hydrocotisone a try to supplement the praying. God helps those who help themselves you know.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Wow what a cutie!
With those muscles and goggles, he needs a leather motercycle jacket! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts