Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did your Chi have one ear that stood up before the other one did? Right now Bosco has one standing up and one flopped over - is that normal?

·
Registered
400 Posts
My Sophie is 4 months and still has one button ear that is creeping up in millimeteres. She can make them stand up when she wants though but the one tips when she is relaxing.It gets a little higher each week :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
:wave:

That is my concern as well. My new chi...Tia Maria has both her ears folded over or "tipped". My other chi, Chile never had this problem....both her ears were erect when we got her at 8 weeks old.

I also heard about the teething thing??? Up until now, I have never heard that their ears are folded because they are teething.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I had been wondering about that for a while now and for some reason wasn't able to find it when I searched online. :wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Teething?

I don't understand the correlation between the ears flopping over and the teething period. Can someone tell me? Also, how long do the puppies teeth for?

·
Registered
138 Posts
My chi has one ear that is almost up and other is still folded over. She is 10 weeks old now. I am taking her to the Vet fomorrow, so I will ask him.

My other chi never had this problem. This is all new to me...the teething thing.

I will let you know what the Vet says. :compress:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bosco had the one ear up; one ear down look going on for a while...then the both started standing up straight. But one of them has regressed and gone back to being floppy! :?: I hope that's normal!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm not sure :?

My Sophie started out with one ear up and one tipped over.Then she had both ears up for about a month..... and now they are flopped over again :shock:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I don't think there is any correlation between teething and ears flopping over. Only that they both happen during the puppy stage. I think the ears just have a mind of their own. Floppy one week...one up the next week....floppy the next...they just come up whenever they feel like it!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts