Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two female chihuahuas. Both from the same litter. They are almost six months old now. I have one chihuahua whose ears stick straight up, but the other female still has flopped over ears. Is there any explaination for this? Or any way that I could help her along? Any advice would be great. =)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi girly,

the only thing i know of is that maybe the one girl is still teething?? i know their ears will drop when they are teething,

i hope this helps? sorry i cant be more informative :roll:

xxxx amie xxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've never actually stood up straight though. So I don't think that she is teething...

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
sometimes you will find pedigree chihuahuas whoose ears always remain floppy, i have heard of people taping back the ears to help them stand erect, or massaging the ears to try and build up the muscles
but to be honest if a chis ears have never stood up by 5-6months it is ver likely the never will. This is in no way a health problem it just means you wont be able to show your chi
mia
x

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also heard that massaging the ears would work. So that's what I've been doing...and so far...nothing.

·
Registered
622 Posts
:cry: :cry: are you hoping to show girly :?:

if not dont worry :lol: i think floppy eared chi's are just ADORABLE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do u have any pics?

xxxx amie xxxx :toothy4:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh no...no plans on showing. My girls are just pets. =) ANd I think it does look so adorable. I do have some pictures...but have no idea how to post them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mia- Actually I haven't. I'm a little new when it comes to posting things on the internet and such. =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts