Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , just wanted a little bit of advice :?

Tysons ears are not straight up at mo they are still a bit floppy. I thought this was normal for pups as i know german shepherds r like that 4 a bit but have seen some puppy chi photos and they are very pointy with no droopy bits!!!! Will tysons ears be ok??

:wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
It takes a while for the cartilidge in their ears to "solidify" to where the ears will stand up on a "permanent" basis. Some breeders will tell you that if you let them sleep under a blanket when they're puppies, their ears won't stand up when they're older ... Cooper's ears are floppy 90% of the time ... he's so cute!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yea I wouldn't worry so much. One day Seiah's just went straight up from really droopy. And since then the left one went down for only a few seconds when he was tired. Then i called him and it went back up. :lol:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Kaydee's ears never stood up, her 2 sisters and brother all have stand up ears. Their mom, Allie was several months old before hers stood up and they still droop a little most of the time. I guess it just depends on the dog but if his ears never stand completely up, he's still just as cute as he can be! :) This is Allie. You can see her ears flop just a little. Tyson reminds me of Allie. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is Vida when she was a puppy

You can see in my signiture, how big her ears are now. I don't remember when they went strait up, but I remember that one went up strait before the other. We were scared that it was going to stay like that. She was cute, but very goofy looking. It was like that for about 4 months I think.

I think Tyson's will definetly become strait eventually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts