Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Godrics ears still aren't erect, he's 14 weeks tomorrow.

Is this unusual? I don't remember when my girls were finally up all the time but his still flop at the tips and don't stand on their own unless his head is tipped back looking up.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Fiddle was about that age when she could get both up. She had one working for ages, took her a bit to get the other one there too!

·
Registered
323 Posts
the ears can go up and down during them teething. when i breed my chihuahua all the pups ears where up before leaving so i would also look at mom and dad. also some chihuahua ears dont go up. you can try taping up her ear also to help...good luck

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Smoke's finally stood up at 16 weeks, but now he just lost a molar and they are both floppy again.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I wouldn't worry they can go up and down forthe first 6-8 months

Just because his parents ears are up doesn't mean his will be some never stand up although if they are just tipping forward then they should do. You could tape them but I wouldn't bother it's annoying and they're going up on their own. Daisys were up at 15 weeks. Lotus were 6 weeks but then flopped again and I got her at 12 weeks and they're all battynow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts