Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hopefully going to see some pups this weekend!! Yay! :D But just wondering about pups ears-when are they supposed to be standing up and should i be worried if the pups ears are floppy? does this mean they probably wont stand up?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Both of my girls ears were up when I got them and never went down. They were both around 11 weeks.

I think some start comming up around 5 weeks but some can take as long as 6 months.

So the answer to your question is, No you shouldn't be worried if their ears are not up yet and no it doesn't mean they won't ever stand up.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
yes, ears stand up at different times, and you may find the puppies ears will drop when it is teething, but then will stand up again. I know at 8 weeks keeks ears stood up, but when i visited her at 4 they were floppy
mia
x

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper's ears were floppy when I saw him at the breeders and when I brought him home. All dogs are different - his went up and down a lot in his first year. They just couldn't make up their mind!! :lol:

I like his ears floppy though; he can hold them up straight in certain situations and I don't think he looks quite as cute as when they're flopped over. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts