Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres been alot of posts on this but I forget what everyone said about it! :(

Sera is now almost 14 weeks (whoa!!) on christmas eve. I'm worried about her ears not coming up, don't get me wrong, they are too cute down as well buttt I would rather see them perked up all the way. :D I was wondering when ur fur babies ears rose? so maybe that'd give me an idea. I see Babys ears are up (cza...dont know the owners s/n) and shes younger then Sera I think by a week.. They did rise when she was either 7,8 or 9 weeks but now they are flopped back down again. So, yeah, it probably varys from chihuahua but i was just wondering if you guys could list how old ur chi babies were when they finally rose.

Thankies! :wave:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Mr. Peepers don't fully stand still. I got Buster when he was 8 months, so they were already up. Puppies go through their teething stage and during that, the ears will go up down and all around. I think her ears will stand just fine. They look like the are just bending and not flopped over. When they are completely flopped over, I think those ears have a harder time of coming up. :wave:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been told any where from 4 months to 6 months or 8 months they are suppose to come up or pop as we say.

I've also been told that it also depends on the purity of your chi breed.....meaning I've been told that Raz's ears may stay half popped because he's mixed with Labador/Schnozier (spelling).

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Both of my girls ears were up when I got them and have stayed up.
They were both around 11 weeks old when I got them.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
In your avatar pic her ears seem to be coming along fine..Stinky took his time with his..and after all Sera is ONLY 14 weeks.. :D so I wouldn't worry too much...is not like she's ancient... :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Early Ear Riser

Zaccheaus' ears were fully erect by six weeks and haven't come down at all, not once, not one tiny bit.

In fact, one ear tip is curling back like an american curl cat! What's the story with that?!

Sera's ears are cute half cocked like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts