Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I am freaking out really bad here. I dont do earthquakes. I don't understand them. I understand tornadoes. I hate this place soooooooo bad and I think it hates me too. 7 days before I'm outta here and 2 earthquakes. On Sunday it sounded like someone dropped a dumptruck on top of the house. I didnt know what it was. Then it did it again a few mins later and I figured it out. Frasier jumped in my arms. Henry I had to tackle. Hubby awas home then and calmed me down.

Now I'm alone and it hit again. Different this time. The truck hit the wall instead of the ceiling. Sunady 5.6 today 5.3 and I know if you are from Cali you're laughing at me, but I'm feeling right now like you'd feel if you were at my house in my home state and a tornado hit. This time scared the animlas so bad they both jumped in the same arm with no fighting or biting.

The phones are out. I do NOT know why i'm online. That's the freakiyy part. I can't get a dial tone to call out, but I can get online. I"m paranoid and thinking psycho thoughts like cali is somehow gonna get me before I get free. I NEED the phone to work or I need someone to talk to right now. I just can't deal with this.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I just replied to Seiah Bobo's earthquake tpoic, lol...but you mentioned tornadoes so ill go from there.

i would rather be in an earthquake than a tornado. i was in a tornado before and it's not very fun. i grew up in upstate new york...i don't know if it made national news or anything, but years back a whole crap load of tornados hit Mechanicville, NY. (which, by the way, its VERY rare for a tornado to be in NY) I lived right outside Mechanicville and i had to barricade myself in the basement with my dogs. i was by myself (i was only 10 or 11 at the time) because my dad was helping my uncle move and the tornados just hit like BAM! no warning. all i could hear was thunder, the crack of lightening, and loud whistling from the wind. i looked out the basement window and it was pitch black at 2 in the afternoon!

my dad almost killed himself trying to get home. my uncle wanted to pull over and wait it out, but he was freaking out because i was home alone. he drove through a tornado to get home! he has been paranoid about storm ever since.

whew, kinda a long story, lol. i wanted to type it though. until i'm in an earthquake (i really hope i'm never in one) i can't compare the two...but for now, tornados are way scarier to me than earthquakes.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay the phone works. I'm calmer now. I feel sorta dumb for freaking out in a post. I prefer tornadoes because I've been in probably 40 in my life time. I know what to do. I can take control of the situation. I've only been in 2 earthquakes (all in the same week) and I'm a terrified blubbering idiot who can do nothing but grab for Frasier and Henry and cry.

I think both are horrible and it's best to see neither, but given a choice I prefer the known over the unknown.

So weird that I could dial up on the computer but couldn't use the phone. Even though I've calmed down, I still think this place is out to get me. :D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Oh sweetie, even the people in Ca still freak out over earthquakes. I've lived here all my life and still get nervous, but if anymore hit just try to stay as calm as possible and get your babies and go under a doorway. I felt the one that hit a short while ago, and I'll admit I was nervous, but I stayed calm so Seiah wouldn't freak out and sense I was nervous.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I'm glad you're feeling calmer now, Frasier's mommy. I'd have freaked too but I'd also freak in a tornado. Either one would probably push me right over the edge. :lol:

Say what you want about New England winters but I will take a blizzard any day of the week over an earthquake, tornado, flood, hurricane. Snow melts and seldom does permanent damage.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Chico's Mama said:
i grew up in upstate new york...i don't know if it made national news or anything, but years back a whole crap load of tornados hit Mechanicville, NY.
Born in Albany, raised in Schenectady. My parents and brother still live there. Small world, huh? :)
Really? I lived in Saratoga Springs and visited my mom in Schenectady...she still lives there.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Fraiser's mom, I have been in a couple earthquakes here in oregon and I would rather be in a nightmare anytime rather then the earthquake.. I have never been in a tornado.. but I have seen them on the news and they seem scary to me...

the problems we have her in Oregon are floods and wildfires... I have been 5 miles from a wildfire and it isn't very fun... you lose all aspects of fun... the smoke and the smell gets to you really bad.. The year we moved down here to So. OR we lived in a park right next to I-5 and there was a fire get loose just about 3 miles from the house but they got it under control and it wasn''t scary.. not like the wildfire that started 5 miles from us when we were in the boonies camping and mining. That was scary because we were in the same forest it was in.. anything could have happend.. it took use 4 hours to make camp that weekend ad when we heard there was a fire near by we broke camp in about 1 hour if that.. I never moved so fast as I did that day...

I hope Cali doen't have another earthquake unitl you move...

Good luck and God bless...

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
Rachael Polachek said:
Chico's Mama said:
i grew up in upstate new york...i don't know if it made national news or anything, but years back a whole crap load of tornados hit Mechanicville, NY.
Born in Albany, raised in Schenectady. My parents and brother still live there. Small world, huh? :)
Really? I lived in Saratoga Springs and visited my mom in Schenectady...she still lives there.
OMG, our moms both live in Schenectady (or, as my friend always writes it... Schafjdoaofygkfkgahgy). :lol: Saratoga Springs is real pretty country. My family used to rent a cottage on the reservoir when I was a kid.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Wow we hardly ever have freak weather like that but last year I was working nights and the first earthquake to hit britain in hundreds of years that measured 5.6 on the rictor scale happened it was like 2 in the morining and I was so freaked out I thought we were been bombed or something it was awful, I live in a place called Dudley and the epicentre was like 1 mile from where I live :shock:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Earthquake :shock:

I felt a tremor once in Puerto Rico when I was visiting my family and I almost died...I was running around screaming with my toy poodle...LOL...well it's not funny, but now that I look back on it I must have looked pretty funny running around with my dog freaking out...

I hate anything that doesn't give warning...I live in West Palm Beach and we got hit with back to back hurricanes last year...but we left the state, so I only went through 1....I'd take that over earthquakes, tornadoes, volcanoes...Hurricanes are horrible...I lost my roof last year...but at least we managed to leave ya know...those other freak things of nature give no warning...

I'm just a big ole scaredy cat...not to mention if something like that happened (earthquake) I would probably give Giz a heartattack cuz I'd be freaking out...

I'm blabbing...somebody smack me... :shock:

You are brave!! :wave:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I had never experienced an earthquake until we lived in Mexico City for 2 years. They scared me and I don't like having no warning :shock: Of course having gone thru Hurricane Marilyn I can say that was no fun and I was scared then too but at least we had prepared. Unfortunately on an island we can't drive elsewhere :roll:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Y'all made me feel much better by admitting fear. The people where I live are like, "geezzzzeee, it's just a little one get over it."

I heard on the news that it's common in southern cali to have two 5.0's a year. It's just that since the year 2000 they have not been meeting that average. So, I guess I've been fortunate in the 5 years I've been here.

I felt like I was in the twilight zone since my computer could dial up but the phone wouldn't work. That's still weird and I'm calm now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:
Y'all made me feel much better by admitting fear. The people where I live are like, "geezzzzeee, it's just a little one get over it."

I heard on the news that it's common in southern cali to have two 5.0's a year. It's just that since the year 2000 they have not been meeting that average. So, I guess I've been fortunate in the 5 years I've been here.

I felt like I was in the twilight zone since my computer could dial up but the phone wouldn't work. That's still weird and I'm calm now.

I saw that on the news too about the two 5.0's a year average. I don't recall any earthquakes last year :scratch: . I also heard on the news that the yucaipa quake was so near the san andreas that there is currently movement in the san andreas :shock: . But yea who cares about what other people say, I was nervous as h*** all day, and I've been here all my life. I've been through the northridge, and other ones but I still get shaken up by them...literally :wink: .

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I live in the central valley as well and when the earthquake of 1989 hit, that was some scary stuff!!! Then I lived in Barstow when the Northridge earthquake hit and we felt it there extremely. I have been in about 5 earthquakes, only 2 that were 'big' and they still scare the crap out of me!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
we had a three pointer 10 years ago :? and no tornadoes .....pretty lame weather-stuff here except for rain :wink: wich i'm glad for ....brr. i think earthquakes and stuff are freaky , so it's very normal for you to freak out like that

kisses nat

1 - 20 of 34 Posts