Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
'Paw' was the next easiest for Roxy. 'Down' took a little while, but I started using my leg and making her crawl under my leg to get the treat... worked like a charm!!! We just started working on 'dance' because she is always 'dancing' on her back two feet on her own, so I figured that'd be easy. Next, we're going to work on 'stay' which I feel may be a tough one! So, I would personally say 'paw' may be an easy one to try next! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
sit pretty is foxxy's trick after sit. Some people call it beg. they sit down in their haunches and lift their bodies up. It's super cute and easier in the knees than a full stand. Warning, it's dangerous. Foxxy looks so cute when she does it that it's part of her manipulation repitoire. Rare is the person who can deny her when she sits pretty

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
Spin, Down, and BANG! were the next ones for Chico...... Surprisingly, all were pretty easy to teach him...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Radley mastered sit easily and then we worked on stay which again he picked up quite easily. We are working on down and Please (or paw) which are coming but a bit slower than sit & stay.

We are also working on go to bed which again he is getting.

Daddy has also taught him to sing, which is hilarious

·
Registered
152 Posts
Alfie does 'sit', 'lie down', 'wait', 'back' (to back away from something like the door) and 'high five'. He also knows 'bed' (go to his bed when asked), but to be honest I didn't teach him this, he just got what we wanted straight away without me having to teach him. It's lucky for me that he's smart, because I really am not a great dog trainer lol.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The easy tricks they are first learning (Well my girls first learnt) were Sit and then Paw, then Lay....Those are the 3 easy tricks! =) Stay is another good one to start with early.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To teach down or lay down, put the treat in the palm of your hand and make a fist. Place fisted hand on the floor and give what ever command you want to use (we use down) when you pup is trying to get the treat he/she will paw at it and eventually lay down to get his/her nose closer. open your hand and give lots of praise, good pup good down.
Our Ella is catching on quick. In one afternoon she got sit, down, roll. We are working on stay and high five. We are also teaching her to "massage" which means to walk on my back and legs up and down. I have fibromyalgia and she is the perfect size/weight to make it feel good when I am having muscle aches.
House breaking, that I can use tips on. We are having issues with this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts