Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Hello World Porsha is 8 weeks old and is on science diet puppy food. But she is eating dirt :roll: everytime she goes out to pee & poo she eats dirt or licks at it! any one else have this happen? Why? :?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Marcus did it also while he was on the Science Diet, since you live fairly close to me I assume there is a mineral in our soil that isn't in the SD, I switched him to the Royal Canin and after about a week he lost most of his interest in eating dirt. Or maybe it was just timing and he out grew his interest in the dirt?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
that or something mighty interesting is walking around and marking that area.

my one dog sits with his nose in the dirt in one area and sometimes i catch him licking. i finally seen a neighbors cat pee there yesterday and now i know what he was doing.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
that or something mighty interesting is walking around and marking that area.

my one dog sits with his nose in the dirt in one area and sometimes i catch him licking. i finally seen a neighbors cat pee there yesterday and now i know what he was doing.

Yep I think they are smelling something down there. :?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dirt

:wave: thanks for the advice i'll have to tell the vet next time i go on 6-12 makes ya wonder with science diet being so expensive what is missing huh :?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Gizmo eats dirt also, he likes to dig for worms...not all the time, but especially in my mom's yard, she has very rich soil....it's funny though, because I thought he was a Chihuahua, not a bird...LOL

My baby eats Science Diet, he loves it! My poodle grew up with it too, so I doubt it's the food, it's probably just a phase....they are puppies ya know...anything is interesting as long as its chewable!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts