Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i get zoey to stop eating EVERYTHING she finds outside!? the second we step outside, her nose goes to the ground and she starts playing the role of a vaccuum. rocks, leaves, flowers, and grass are not safe! :twisted:

does anyone else's chi do this? is it unsafe if she eats grass? :oops:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Except for the rocks and any poisonous plants, I would not worry about it. It is a dog-thing for them to smell of and taste everything---especially so with puppies, as all the world is new to them. :)

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Eating grass is a natural tummy remedy for them, when they feel a tummy upset they eat grass which usually (but not always) makes them sick, but somehow settles their tummies.Just be careful of other things in the garden as most plants can be poisenous. :?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
my 2 also eat grass alot somethimes they sick it back up but most the time they dont .............. but they appear to like it and fight over a blade of grasss when there are a thousand more in the garden............lol

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
My cats love to eat grass. They are indoor kitties but the few times they sneak out ..straight to eating grass they go!lol
Mikey sniffs and chews on anything he can find :roll: .

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
You could have absolutely described Auggie. We sometimes call him Hoover for one of his nicknames. I have tried with some success( not completely) to teach him leave and to teach him drop. It does get nerve wracking to constantly worry about everything I am afraid he will pick up and eat! :roll:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Gosh, I have a grazing herd. And it has to be just the right blade of grass and then they all want to eat it or off the same plant. Sometimes I wonder why I have to mow the lawn, but they just do not graze fast enough... :D :D
I have one that likes to chew on small twigs...I watch her, because I don't want to have a medical problem with an unchewed stick.
The puppies seem to just want to carry sticks around-remodeling or is that landscaping... :?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Elle does the exact same thing. I've read that dogs usually eat grass to settle their stomachs, but the first thing Elle does when she goes outside is chew on the grass and play with the mulch! I watch her carefully to make sure she doesn't eat any, but most of the time she just likes to throw it in the air and chase after it. Lol! I don't think there's anything to worry about as long as there's no fertilizer on the grass of anything. It's so funny what puppies find interesting and fun to play with! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts