Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
You should get it picked up as soon as he's done so there is no opportunity to. You really want to be careful about him eating poop even if it is his, because there are lots of different diseases that can infect the poop and then cause your dog to get very sick. So if you notice anything wrong with your dog after eating it take him to the vet.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget went through that stage and I got him some deter at the petstore and I gave him a 1/4 tablet 2 times and since then he hasn't ate any poo.

I usually pick it up soon after he goes too.. but if I don't notice he still won't eat it...

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Nothing stopped Bindi not the meds or anything I tried (and she still poops to this day in private that is why we could rarely catch her)............but she finally out grew it and I was thankful being the obsessive licker of faces that she is :roll:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Zeus did this while he was being house-trained. I think he was eating because he knew he shouldn't do it in the house because when he did go outside, he never ate it. Just a hunch, but I think it's a phase they go through and will grow out of it. :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
This is a fairly common problem among chi owners, and the best solution I found was to just pick it up as soon as possible and not let them have the opportunity. While it is quite disgusting to us humans, to our furbabies it is perfectly normal and acceptable. LOL - Disgusting though - yuck

My experience has been this behaviour does usually go away on its own. Thank goodness!!

Welcome to the site :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts