Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toby has been eating his poo again and my mom told me the vet told her to feed her dog pumpkin. I guess this makes the poo biter and they don't want to eat it. Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
ive heard of it, never tried it though.

i do know that pumkin is also great if your dog has loose stools as its binding and very good for the digestive tract...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I always heard pumpkin was good if they were constipated ... I've heard that from so many people, but it can't be true if pumpkin is binding eh? Hmmm ...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
its more of a happy medium, theres alot of fiber in pumpkin which is what makes it good for binding.
ive heard a few times for a constipated dog, but i myself have never used pumkin...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've only used it on the rotties for loose stools. Immediately switch them for 2 to 3 days to boiled hamburger and rice, mixed with pumpkin. Never heard of it for eating stools.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The *amount* of pumpkin used changes its effect. If you use too much, it will soften the stool (good for constipation, bad otherwise)...if you use just a little bit (a "correct amount" depending upon your dog), it is supposed to bulk up the stool and have a binding effect...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
two things about the pumpkin: toby doesn't like it and it stains the dog dish. just a bit of info if you have a fancy bowl you might not want to put it in it. Or at least it did stain toby's dog dish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts