Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need some major help. Mia has had this thing about carring around and chewing on our underwear (nasty), but we fixed that one. NOW, every time I turn around she is getting toilet paper (used) from the bathroom and shredding it on the floor!!! And QUICK too! she can be laying down with me then gets up to go get water - and a minute later (really a minute) and she's in the bathroom. I have tried several things.... No, NO!! Spraying the paper with nasty tasting stuff (of course you would think it was nasty enough) lol -
The problem is we have a/c units - not central air so I have to leave the bathroom door open... and I try and throw the trash out frequently but I have 2 kids and 1 hubby (lots of paper!lol) Also, it's a small bathroom so I can't have one of those big cans with a lid - cuz it won't fit. I am going to try and find a smaller can w/a lid - cuz this is driving me crazy... She picks up most things really quick but this she just won't stop doing!!!! :evil

If you have had this problem and have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Traci

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Wow...RITZ and SADIE both do this, but Ritz eats way more toilet paper.

These are the trash cans we got that have worked really well to prevent them knocking them over. They are about 12 inches high and stainless steel.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=12179731

In terms of the paper itself, sometimes Ritz will pull down the roll if we leave a piece hanging down and just shred the whole darn thing. I think there's a little bit of instinct and a whole lot of mischeif involved. I think the only way to prevent it is to keep him out of the bathroom by putting in a baby gate or put the toilet paper up high if he can still reach it.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
My problem wasn't quite as bad but Auggie did discover the toilet paper on the roll when he was big enough to stand up and reach it. After about 100 no's he finally just quit, however I have to make sure a kleenex doesn't get on to the floor or he shred/eats it :roll:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kristen/Nate,

I love that can it's tall enough I think to fit in my bathroom, and it looks cool too!! Thanks!

You know - she doesn't mess with the "clean" toilet paper - even if the roll is on the floor - she just goes for the "used" and nasty paper. Which I HATE having to pick up!!! :evil:

Anyway, thanks for the advice... Traci

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
You can say what you want about adopting an older dog and Lord knows Lily has her share of issues and problems... but she has never shown the slightest interest in used toilet paper, kleenex or any other disgusting thing in the house. She does roll in horse poops outside but I'm willing to overlook that. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Sorry to be a bit dim here but cant you flush the toilet paper away after its been used?? :D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
can you put up a piece of wood short that she cant get over but you all can step over to prevent her from getting in bathroom? If you watch her 24/7 lol for a week and tell her no inside she will listen. try doing that with the pennies in can shake it when as she enters in telling her no inside pick her up and put her inside. now my dogs know if i say kitchen they go in kitchen whatever room you want her in that the name is familiar to her use or inside if thats what she understands good luck

·
Registered
518 Posts
I chased Frasier through the house as he unrolled entire rolls of toilet paper 10 or 12 times before I finally learned not to leave the end dangling on the clean roll. Once he grabbed it while I had my eyes closed washing my face and wrapped it around my ankles. My husband almost died laughing as he untangled us. (No Rachael NO pics of this) :lol:

Now I keep the end up and flush all the used toilet paper.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
thats what my moms chi did took it right from the roll. lol I think hers is going into the trash though hopefully she can set bounderies int the house so no more entering bathroom

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
i myself dont throw every piece of paper in the toilet especially if you have a cesspool and not sewer hook up in your area. if we blow our schnozolas that goes in the trash, If i use it to blot my make up that goes in the trash. heck, if i threw every tissue in the toilet with my allergies and my daughters and for every time i wiped my furkids eyes we would need to own a cesspool company :lol:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ah ok i know what you mean now. I had one of those when I lived in the country (septic tank). Im in a village now so have full use of the mains sewerage :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL - You guys are too funny! Yeah, I can't flush "everything" or we would end up with a backyard full of poop!! LOL - Yuck!! I am going to try and find a trash can with a lid that will fit in my bathroom - I like the one Kristen/Nate showed me. That one looks like it would do the trick!! (hopefully)
Yesterday, I closed her & I in my bedroom and left the bathroom door open - every time she went near the bathroom I would go NO NO - and call her to play - She stayed away from it , but still don't trust her to be alone near the bathroom!! LOL

Thanks for all the comments and advice! Traci

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
do you have a cabinet under the sink? you could put the garbage pail in there. chiwi's only problem is she likes to sleep in my bra's *sigh* glad she isn't chewing them up though. my tasha bird chewed up socks, bra's and underwear. she would find them in the middle of the night, hide them until i left for work in the morning and then chew them all day (seperation anxiety with her though)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts