Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well tomorrow is the dreaded day that i go to the dentist..Im driving myself nuts stressing over going..I sooo wanna cancel but I know I have to go. My son is assuring me that the dentist is not scary..

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
poor you I hate the dentist too, I'm sure you will be ok. Try not to stress, cause that will just make it all the worse for you.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I know how you feel, I REALLY REALLY need to go, I lost a filling in one of my teeth and now I have to flush it out after every time I eat, and when I bite while eating if it hits that tooth it sends pain all through my face. I just don't wanna go!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nawww this is too cute! Your son is a brave one!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Oh ladies come on!

Is it worth your teeth? The pain? Nooo!

I loathe the dentist, I recently spent $1,000 redoing all my bottom fillings because they've worn out and i'll be doing my top fillings soon - I hated every minute of it but you have to have your teeth the rest of your life! Only have to spend an hour or two at the dentist!

Don't be scared, it's very normal to be afraid of the dentist and they know, just make friends with your dentist, explain your concerns, and it'll be over before you know it!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
You are going to do great, Brandi!!! I'll be thinking about you. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Hang in there Brandi! Tell them you want the gas and that you have a phobia about the dentist. They will be extra careful and sensitive to your needs. They know most people don't like doing, they are used to hearing that!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Don't worry, Brandi, it'll be fine. It will be over before you know it. :)

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well Im back from the dentist it was awful & I got bad news Im not on the verge of tears but have to go get my son from school so hopefully I can hold it in till later...I have gum disease so I need 4 deep cleanings I also need 6 lil fillings & he said that I have decay on my crooked wisdom tooth & wants to have the other 3 cut out cause they are pressing up against my other teeth...Im basically looking at about $2000 at the dentist & who knows how much at the oral sergeon...

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oh gosh, Brandi, I'm sorry. :( I'm so glad you went though because gum disease is not something to mess with. The other alternative is so much worse. I'll all be ok in the end. Hang in there, hun! (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh gosh, Brandi, I'm sorry. :( I'm so glad you went though because gum disease is not something to mess with. The other alternative is so much worse. I'll all be ok in the end. Hang in there, hun! (((HUGS)))
thanks..apparently its pretty bad they didnt say it to me cause I was scared of being there but they told my mom that my gums would get absessed & then my teeth would need taken out so Im glad that its not to that point yet...I also dont need any major fillings just a few tiny ones my mom claims they dont even need to use the drill for that but Im doubting thats true..

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Oh man!!!! You too?!!! I have to make a dental appt. possibly for an abscessed tooth or more. :nscared: I'm dreading it too! :foxes15: I hate going to a dentist, but I know I HAVE to! :crybaby: No other way around it!!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
thanks..apparently its pretty bad they didnt say it to me cause I was scared of being there but they told my mom that my gums would get absessed & then my teeth would need taken out so Im glad that its not to that point yet...I also dont need any major fillings just a few tiny ones my mom claims they dont even need to use the drill for that but Im doubting thats true..
So glad you caught it in time, Brandi. That's a huge huge positive. Also great that you don't need any major fillings, just little ones. I have one huge filling, it seems like the entire tooth is a filling. :lol: It didn't hurt at all though.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh man!!!! You too?!!! I have to make a dental appt. possibly for an abscessed tooth or more. :nscared: I'm dreading it too! :foxes15: I hate going to a dentist, but I know I HAVE to! :crybaby: No other way around it!!!
oh no..hope nothing is seriously wrong...today was the first time I have ever been to the dentist & I was sooo scared I couldnt stop shaking at times..all they did was take xrays & do a dental exam but that was really stressful for mr...Im such a baby.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So glad you caught it in time, Brandi. That's a huge huge positive. Also great that you don't need any major fillings, just little ones. I have one huge filling, it seems like the entire tooth is a filling. :lol: It didn't hurt at all though.
Im glad that I caught it in time too but it still didnt make it any easier to hear..Im scared to daeth of needles & they are going to give me a local to do the cleanings my first one is supposed to be on the 19th

I also had to go in by myself my mom wouldnt go with me she said I was too old for her to hold my hand.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'm glad you went Brandi! It will be OK. Hang in there! You are young - your teeth have to last a lot more years! Good you are getting them all taken care of, then it will just be maintenance. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Hang in there. It always sounds worse than what it is. I think I wrote on the other forum about me having "needed" work done for basically my entire adult teeth life! Tomorrow will be my last "fix" visit & then it will be cleanings only. Such a great feeling when you finally have it all done & over with. And they can do 2-3 cleanings at a time so it won't take too many visits. Price sucks though...I know first hand. Fortunately we have dental insurance now but I've spent as much as $1500 on 1 tooth before. Murder I tell ya!

Keep your chin up though...before you know it you'll have a healthy mouth & that right there will be the best feeling in the world!! Speaking from experience. :) (well, almost since I still have one visit left. hehe) BTW, the shot is the worse part of the visits BUT they really do not hurt! Our dentist numbs with a topical numming gel first & there is no pain involved with the injection. Just a tiny bit of pressure. If you can make it through that 15 seconds...the rest is a breeze.... :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
no dential insurance brandi? im so sorry but like u said thank god u caught it on time!!!! maybe they have a payment plan there?... :(

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no dential insurance brandi? im so sorry but like u said thank god u caught it on time!!!! maybe they have a payment plan there?... :(
nope no dental insurance at all....no payment plans either they are willing to split up the work though so it will be done over a few months I guess instead of all at once...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts