Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pip is now six months old and doing great (cuddled up under blanket next to my leg as we speak). I got him neutered a couple of weeks ago and he is doing fine.
BUT, he does have stinky breath! (eating cat poop doesn't help, sneaky little guy). I bought Denta bones b/c the vet recommended them, and he sure liked it, he ate it all in one day. Then, I was reading the back and freaked when I saw it wasn't for dogs under a certain weight. Of course, he has been fine, but now I am afraid to give him anything. He is only 3.5 pounds. Anyone know of another brand or something I can give him??
Oh, and do your chis have a underwear fetish??? He drags ours out of the darn hamper! And, he is a smart one- he knows that when mom gets in the shower, she will be leaving soon, and he realized I can't get him from under the bed. But, beat him at that game-I stuffed pillows under the frame so he and the cats cant hide!
I hope you are all doing well, sorry I have been gone for so long. Hope your babies are doing great too! I should have new pics up soon.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I'm glad you gave us an update on Pip! But now we need to see pictures! :)

Bosco is also an undies thief - and a sock thief! I think a lot of Chi's are.

Regarding Pip's breath - do you brush his teeth? If not, I would start. This will help with his bad breath. Chew bones called Greenies can also help keep their teeth clean.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
My vet small breeds are prone to gingivitis (??) and that brushing is really a must. When I had Kemo's teeth done at the vet I really noticed a difference and now I want to keep up with that.

Chicken flavored TP is the best and never use HUMAN TP on dogs. Greenies are an awsome breath freshner. The chlorophyll in it is a air freshner for the whole system!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts