1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Ewwwwww that is freaky.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That is creepy. I know people do that stuff to their "own pets" but I just couldn't do that. I think it would make it harder and plus freak the crap out of me LOL Icky!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I think it's kind of sad because obviously someone wanted to immortalize their pet and had this done and now it's ended up on ebay. :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It might not have been a beloved pet if it is Victorian, in the UK if it moved the Victorians stuffed it!!! Still eewwww though.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It does not even look like a Chi.
When mine passaway they will be cremated like my last girl Tess, her ash's sit on my buffet :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I love it!!!....I would buy that if I was wealthy./ I was just looking at chi taxidermy online too.
It would be a wonderful for my art-work. I once borrowed a stuffed squirrel to use as a model for my art-work.
It is true that modern taxidermy is much better and thus more useful for art-work. However I would not to like to have an animal killed to be a model for my art.

PS:If I had a chi, I would like to have that chi stuffed upon passing if I have the funds to do it.

Here is a much nicer example of chihuahua taxidermy. Google Image Result for http://www.tophattaxidermy.com/images/ebay/dog-chihuahua-taxidermy-image.jpg

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
How sad that it ended up on ebay. :(

·
Registered
266 Posts
An interesting factor with older taxidermy is that you can sometimes see how a dog breed has changed over the years.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I just think it's depressing... I understand wanting to have your dog immortalized.. and yes I believe that obviously the soul has left the body at the point of it being created; but to me it just seems like.. Idunno.. desecration of the body. It doesn't seem respectful. =(

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know people stuff their loved pets, but why would you want to buy it??? That just looks creepy and would freak me out if I saw it I think?!? Strange people.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts