Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know we have been battling a severe throat infection/eosophagitis with Zoey, the past week it got really bad & she didn't eat for 48 hours. So Tuesday back to the Vet we went, we are giving her a different (3rd) antibiotic, sprayed her throat with a topical numbing stuff 15 min before eating until last night JUST so she would eat, and are feeding her soupy ground meats 3 times a day. She lost 3oz which is a lot for such a little dog (4#). Anyways we normally do organs on Tuesdays & Fridays, and I was going to give her ground eggshells for her bone/calcium since she can't have bone for 2 weeks so her throat can heal. Would the eggshells counteract the rocket butt from organs? She's never had a problem with organs, but I've always given her bone with her organs. Also noticed this week she is red again, would being sick/under the weather make her skin red (head/legs)? I hope it's not allergies flaring up again, she's been doing so well. Her gums/mouth is really red too, but I think that's due to the infection going on.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Can you get ground bone at all? I don't know if eggshell can firm up poops as well as bone. :(

I imagine with her body fighting off all sorts of stuff, she must just be feeling sick in general. :( She's on a lot of meds! Poor thing.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I personally find the eggshells help firm up the poo. If we don't add in eggshells to raw eggs we're more apt to have *someone* with soft stool. So I've found it does help.

As for her red skin, maybe its the meds she's taking that is making her red? Or maybe the spray? Or could be a sign of her not feeling well in general. Regardless I hope she gets feeling well again soon!! Poor little thing has been through so much lately....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts