Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Lol... Clockwork Orange reference.)

Anyway I know it's almost 2am (for me anyway) but before I head to bed I want to share a couple pictures. Nothing exciting; just my little Kahlua devouring a little egg, LOL. One of my dear friends parents have a farm and he delivered us a bunch of chicken, duck and turkey eggs. This tiny little brown chicken egg was too small for us to do anything with; and was perfectly sized for Kahlua so I gave it to her. One website explains "The cause of these cute little eggs is thought to be when a small chunk of tissue comes loose in the egg production area of the hen and is mistaken as a yolk. The process immediately surrounds this hunk of tissue and creates an egg around it."

Needless to say I threw the sheet in the wash right after; but not before taking a couple pictures. I know I'm a bit bias but I think she's just so adorable..

TEEHEE it fits in her mouth.. ^_^ I know, I know I'm smitten...

Trying to figure out what to do with it...

Makin nomnoms....

"Momma... iz empties!!!"

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Good girl, raw eggs will give you a glossy coat! :p
Hey Kat, did all 5 pups get an egg? Or is Kahlua mom's favorite baby to spoil? ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
You weren't being bias. That was totally adorable! I love the sweet eyes in the first and the look of confusion in the last.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They have regular chickens. I don't know exactly the type lol; but they're the kind that usually lay regular brown eggs. Kahlua's the only one who got one of these; although the others do eat eggs on occasion too; but there was never any doubt that she is my favorite LOL!!They're basically an oops... they usually don't have a yolk (this one didn't) and it happens when a small piece of tissue gets recognized by the chicken's body as being a yolk when it in fact isn't; but the body still forms the shell and everything around it. So yeah; mommy and daddy enjoyed the rest of the eggs but Kahlua got her little special one LOL

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Off topic:
I like your new siggy Kat. :oops: It's so pwetty!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.