Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elle has done extremely well with her house training, but this past week she has been eliminating in her crate over night ABUNDANTLY! I take her out right before she goes to bed, once during the night, then right when I wake up in the morning. I'm not exactly sure if it's because she can't hold it or something else. She's been a little better the past two days, but I want to address the matter quickly. I didn't think dogs liked to waste in their personal area, so I'm wondering if I should take her out more often or what! She doesn't go in the house when she's loose...just at night! Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Not sure...can u get up in the night to let her out? You are right they should not like eliminating in their crates. Is she fussing when she does? where do you keep the crate and what is your mother's maiden name? You had me laughing on that one!! Sorry could not resist :D

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Have you got a litter tray in your crate, that might help? I go to bed quite late let my 3 out before i do,after this Sully my big chi can wait til morning quite late but the tiny two who are 3 and 1/2 lb each often need to go pee or poo before 6 in the morning sometimes much earlier, Fynn and Sully have a trayin their travel cot but Fynn will wake me to go in their other area and Rosie who sleeps on her armchair will go in their area by herself but then wakes me up to tell me she has been so i can flush it away. :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
maybe your crate is too big, chi'sdont like to sleep where they do there business. Just wondering if it was too big then your chi could still quite comfortably sleep in another area after doing the do

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kemo's mamma - Not sure...can u get up in the night to let her out? You are right they should not like eliminating in their crates. Is she fussing when she does? where do you keep the crate and what is your mother's maiden name? You had me laughing on that one!! Sorry could not resist
I let her out once during the night. Maybe I need to start doing it twice ... I don't hear her fussing, but it could be because I'm asleep! I keep her crate by my bed and my mother's maiden name is Huey. Hehe!! I felt like I was giving her the third degree, so I threw that in there! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts