Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its too early for Christmas, but , I wanted to try this sweater on her that I got at the end of the season on clearance last year. she wasn't full grown when I bought it so I wasn't sure how the fit was going to be.
not sure how good you can see the pattern in the pics but there are 3 crocheted Christmas ornaments on the sweater. here's a link to see what the sweater looks like better . ( I wouldn't pay that much... I got it for 75% off I think .. )
Rockin' Around Christmas Sweater :: Sweaters :: Oscar Newman LLC
this first pic is alittle blurry, but , it was hard getting a good pic of her this morning. she would nt stand still

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
ellie looks gorgeous is her Christmas sweater! its never too early to get festive in my eyes ;) I love Christmas its the best time of the year and this xmas coming up is my first one with the chis so very excited for that! also it sounds like you got a great deal on the sweater :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ellie looks gorgeous is her Christmas sweater! its never too early to get festive in my eyes ;) I love Christmas its the best time of the year and this xmas coming up is my first one with the chis so very excited for that! also it sounds like you got a great deal on the sweater :)
thanks Jessica ! hehe. that is true I guess but she will be wearing this sweater mostly in December :reindeer: .
awww, you will have so much fun with all the dogs , being that its your first Christmas !!!
yes, I got such a great buy on this sweater. its really pretty. you cant see by the pictures but there is a pretty gold thread going thru the cream color sweater .
I do have my eye on another sweater by this make for Ellie that would be for all year round :cool:

Melissa said there will be a Columbus Day sale, so I think I may order one , not sure yet though

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ellie really is a pretty little girl, and she really reminds me of dear Latte
awww, thanks Stella ! I still miss Latte ( and I think I always will ) , so much ...
when I was looking for a new baby, I wanted one about the same size as Latte so she could fit into all the gorgeous clothes I already had. I know its no garauntee on size at such a young age, but the breeder is very experienced and knows her dogs well, and she really thought Ellie would be small and she was right. so, size wise they are about the same size. but , so different in personality . I love Ellie so much too . i'm just so happy I got her :cool:

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
The special ones do take a piece of our hearts when they go. It has been nearly three years since we lost Bambi, it is easier now, but I know i will miss her forever because she was my heart dog.
None of the others resemble her much physically, but Bibi is a lot like her personality wise. When she plays she really reminds me of Bambi, so it nice to keep her memory alive like that.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
thanks Jessica ! hehe. that is true I guess but she will be wearing this sweater mostly in December :reindeer: .
awww, you will have so much fun with all the dogs , being that its your first Christmas !!!
yes, I got such a great buy on this sweater. its really pretty. you cant see by the pictures but there is a pretty gold thread going thru the cream color sweater .
I do have my eye on another sweater by this make for Ellie that would be for all year round :cool:

Melissa said there will be a Columbus Day sale, so I think I may order one , not sure yet though
I'm looking forward to the secret Santa! :) do you take part? I have my eye on loads of stuff on DC so I'm glad there's another sale coming up. You should order the other sweater :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking forward to the secret Santa! :) do you take part? I have my eye on loads of stuff on DC so I'm glad there's another sale coming up. You should order the other sweater :)
I used to take part on here in the SS . but, haven't in a few years. Last year, I took part in one that was a private one , not from chi people.
it can be very fun but there are usually always one or two that for some reason or another, don't get a present :-( . So, it can be disappointing too when you are waiting and waiting and waiting for your baby to get a present from SS and it doesn't come . sometimes when others find that out, they will send something though..

I think Melissa will be sending out an email before today is over about the DC sale. this is the sweater I was thinking about for Ellie : Owl Walk All Over You Sweater – Pink

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
That's a cute sweater. What size is Ellie wearing and how do you feel about the length? Does ON run shorter than some of the other brands you buy? It's hard to tell by pics but the length seems a bit short to me. Now I'm confused on sizing of the owl sweater I showed you that I want for Ava. I'm thinking I'll go with xs though.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a cute sweater. What size is Ellie wearing and how do you feel about the length? Does ON run shorter than some of the other brands you buy? It's hard to tell by pics but the length seems a bit short to me. Now I'm confused on sizing of the owl sweater I showed you that I want for Ava. I'm thinking I'll go with xs though.
Ellie is wearing the xxs ON sweater. I am sure the xs would be way too big on her. For Ellie, I wouldn't want the sweater to be any shorter , but, I think the xxs still works for her.
Minnie is size XS .
I think they should really have an in between size in this make.

I have this same sweater for Minnie in XS , so, later .. I will try it on her and see how the fit is.

I also want the cute owl sweater for Ellie.

my guess is the xxs will be too short on Ava , but the XS will be too big. I think the XS may work for you next size dog.. Is that Brax ?

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Minnie in her ON Christmas ornament sweater

I snapped a couple quick pics of Minnie in the XS . it is a lot shorter than I remember her other XS ON . and its a bit more snug too. I don't remember her others being this short and snug, so I think different styles run different, but I will find her other XS and try them on her later...

it started showering out so she was running in the house and so pic was blurry

def. alittle shorter than i'd like it on Minnie, but i'm sure this XS would be very big on Ellie

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Minnies other ON sweaters

these 2 ON sweaters are size XS and I would say the length and overall fit on Minnie is perfect. the other one with the ormanents I think was a bit too short and snug on Minnie in XS . strange. I don't know why they both fit so different.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
I used to take part on here in the SS . but, haven't in a few years. Last year, I took part in one that was a private one , not from chi people.
it can be very fun but there are usually always one or two that for some reason or another, don't get a present :-( . So, it can be disappointing too when you are waiting and waiting and waiting for your baby to get a present from SS and it doesn't come . sometimes when others find that out, they will send something though..

I think Melissa will be sending out an email before today is over about the DC sale. this is the sweater I was thinking about for Ellie : Owl Walk All Over You Sweater – Pink
I havnt received an email about the dc sale yet. going to add some things to my wishlist on DC now. hopefully the sale will be 35% :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I havnt received an email about the dc sale yet. going to add some things to my wishlist on DC now. hopefully the sale will be 35% :)
I didn't receive an email yet either but she did tell me she should have it sent out by Friday. I guess she must be real busy. i'm sure we will be getting an email soon though.

I got the one DC package I was waiting for today. the red wow padding coat for Minnie and the pink terry dress for Ellie.

the terry dress fits Ellie perfect in XS. I love it so much, i'm actually thinking of getting her the other color too.

but, the size S/M red wow padding coat is too big on Minnie :-(. Minnie usually always wears S/M. except she does have a few T's that are very stretchy and she fits in the size S. its such a gorgeous coat but looks like i'll have to return it for an exchange... I think the S will be too small on Minnie, so, I'm not sure what i'll get instead ...

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
I didn't receive an email yet either but she did tell me she should have it sent out by Friday. I guess she must be real busy. i'm sure we will be getting an email soon though.

I got the one DC package I was waiting for today. the red wow padding coat for Minnie and the pink terry dress for Ellie.

the terry dress fits Ellie perfect in XS. I love it so much, i'm actually thinking of getting her the other color too.

but, the size S/M red wow padding coat is too big on Minnie :-(. Minnie usually always wears S/M. except she does have a few T's that are very stretchy and she fits in the size S. its such a gorgeous coat but looks like i'll have to return it for an exchange... I think the S will be too small on Minnie, so, I'm not sure what i'll get instead ...
ah please can I see ellie in the terry dress? im glad its a nice fit cause the dress is gorgeous! its a shame about the wow padding coat because it is beautiful (I tried the get the beige colour but out of stock in millies size)
what is the coat like in quality? you could always return it for a susan lanci coat? I have just ordered one and I cant wait to get it they look beautiful!
or you could just get the rocker chick tutu top you wanted instead?

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ah please can I see ellie in the terry dress? im glad its a nice fit cause the dress is gorgeous! its a shame about the wow padding coat because it is beautiful (I tried the get the beige colour but out of stock in millies size)
what is the coat like in quality? you could always return it for a susan lanci coat? I have just ordered one and I cant wait to get it they look beautiful!
or you could just get the rocker chick tutu top you wanted instead?
yes, I will snap a pic of Ellie in the terry dress later ;).
the quality of the LD coat is the best ! Tootsie has a LD coat and it fits her perfect and the quality is great !! i'm just afraid the size S on Minnie will be too small cause the first snap at the neck seems like where it should be, but the other snaps where her chest is are too roomy of a fit . so, I think the S will be too snug at the neck part :-(. just not a good fit for Minnie ...

good idea about exchanging it for the rocker chick tutu dress !
i don't think i want a SL coat though... i think they Velcro closed and i'm not all that crazy about Velcro but they are beautiful , i must agree ...

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
yes, I will snap a pic of Ellie in the terry dress later ;).
the quality of the LD coat is the best ! Tootsie has a LD coat and it fits her perfect and the quality is great !! i'm just afraid the size S on Minnie will be too small cause the first snap at the neck seems like where it should be, but the other snaps where her chest is are too roomy of a fit . so, I think the S will be too snug at the neck part :-(. just not a good fit for Minnie ...

good idea about exchanging it for the rocker chick tutu dress !
i don't think i want a SL coat though... i think they Velcro closed and i'm not all that crazy about Velcro but they are beautiful , i must agree ...

aw poor Minnie :( you will be able to find her another gorgeous coat on dc though I really like the wooflink posh girl coats. I think im going to add one to my next order. oh I didn't even realise they were Velcro closed im the same about Velcro to be honest that's why I went for the step in harness instead of the Velcro ones. I hope I like the coat when it comes!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aw poor Minnie :( you will be able to find her another gorgeous coat on dc though I really like the wooflink posh girl coats. I think im going to add one to my next order. oh I didn't even realise they were Velcro closed im the same about Velcro to be honest that's why I went for the step in harness instead of the Velcro ones. I hope I like the coat when it comes!
i'll have to look at that posh girl coat.. i want a warm coat for Minnie. she does have a couple already. she has a pretty pet one and she has a puppy angel one. i just wanted her to have a LD one cause i think the quality is the best but it doesn't fit her right :-(. i'm not sure how warm the posh girl coat would be. i'm thinking its a pretty coat but not warm enough but i'll take a look. the suckright hoodies are very warm. i could get her one of those instead.. . but , not sure exactly what i will get instead.
i'm planning on putting in a good DC order also for this next sale ...

i actually have a SL coat stored away somewhere that i bought from someone . i didn't buy it brand new. its in excellent used condition. it does look gorgeous. the faux fur is so nice and thick and soft. the Velcro is a nice strong quality Velcro. i just prefer the coats that snap closed or even button closed or zip. snap closure is my favorite though.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts