Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
Poor wee Elmo had a very bad bout of diahorrea a couple of nights ago which has since resolved itself. His poos are back to normal but he seems to have a phobia about using his litter tray to poo. He keeps doing poos on the carpet, hallway etc. He has no problem with peeing in his litter tray just pooing. He made me take him downstairs very early this morning-several times. He wouldn't potty but eventually he settled in his basket downstairs and went to sleep. He was getting distressed everytime his stomach gurgles slightly and seems to associate this with his bout of illness:( I am going to get some potty pads this afternoon when picking up my new goldfish. I was just wondering if anyone else has experience of this situation. He is eating, drinking and playing normally. His only anxiety is linked to the toilet.
thanks in advance.:confused:

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Have you tried giving him a treat every time he uses it for a pee and making a fuss of him,maybe that would help

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey is scared of her poop and as soon as she starts going she takes off running so the poo never ends up where is suppose to be on the Ugodog. DH takes her outside to poo now when he gets home on a leash but she still takes off running as soon as she starts going poo. We always give her her a treat when she goes inside on the Ugodog or outside. So she has poo phobia too. I am not quuite sure what to do about it. She only goes once a day and I think it is because she dosen't like to go and I can always tell when she has to go as she gets very anxious almost nervous

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies guys. I bought some potty pads to put in his toilet and he is now back on track with his toileting. I think the upset tummy just freaked him out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts