Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
Elmo my wee boy aged 10 is very under the weather. It started on Friday night sat morn in the wee hrs and then continued to vomit up the contents of his stomach off an on. He stopped vomiting yesterday (Sunday) and has eaten three small pedigree treats but won't touch anything else.
He is drinking and going to the toilet for wees but is very shaky. Last week he threw up white bile when coming back to our flat after a walk with my mum which I put down to hunger.
He is making little sad fed up noises. I feel so worried as does my mum who we live with.
Chis are such wee vulnerable things and I am worrying about his blood sugar. I was wondering about giving him honey?
We are defintely going to the vet tomorrow if dosent eat anymore today and if he is still shaky and acting unwell.
Any reassurance, ideas and prayers welcome.:confused::confused::(:(

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hi there. If I had a 10 yr old chihuahua that was vomiting and shaking and acting unwell, I'd get it to the vet asap. Other than that, rice and canned chicken is better than treats for his tummy. I'd give him 2-3 small meals a day until you can get him to the vets. Let us know how it goes please.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update.
We took him to the vet yesterday and he had an anti sickness injection and got medicine for his tummy. I am disabled and use a walker and rely on my mother for transport and he is my life and he is a lot better and eating small amounts. We tried him on scrambled egg as per the vets advice but he didn't want any but he back eating small amounts of his kibble soaked in water. Thanks for your concern.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
So happy to hear he is some better, but please be very aware. We lost a little 9 year old girl a couple of months ago who started throwing up bile on a Sunday night, and slipped into a coma 2 hours later. They can get so dangerously ill in such a short time. Your baby will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Glad that Elmo is feeling better. Make sure that you watch what you feed him. Rice and chicken are always good if he doesn't want to eat. Doesn't seem that is the problem. No rich table food for now at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts