Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
been looking at Elmo's teeth today at noticed that only one of his canines has erupted fully. Does this means he is still teething? He makes funny little crying/squeaking noises when he chews his toys etc and chews things on one side of his mouth and then the other as if his mouth is sore. He seems a bit old for teething. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I see by your siggy that Elmo is well over a year. I would imagine his permanent teeth have all sprouted. He might have an abcess or something that is causing him discomfort. You might want to run it by a vet. Perhaps he injured his gum or jaw while chewing something and it caused some swelling which in turn would make the tooth look partially hidden.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I agree with chiboymom. Doesn't sound normal. His permanent teeth should all be in by now. I'd run him by the vet.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hello everyone!
been looking at Elmo's teeth today at noticed that only one of his canines has erupted fully. Does this means he is still teething? He makes funny little crying/squeaking noises when he chews his toys etc and chews things on one side of his mouth and then the other as if his mouth is sore. He seems a bit old for teething. Any ideas?
He shouldn't still be teething. I'd have a vet check that out because if the tooth is retained (under his gum) they can help it come out. If it stays in there, it could turn into a cyst.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts