Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ember is getting spayed TOMORROW. I am so nervous I am sick to my stomach and I have a headache and I just can't stop thinking, "It's the last time you'll have to spend with her!" She is just so small and I'm afraid she'll die... I will not tolerate that...

I'm so nervous I've already got a dog funeral planned in my mind... literally.

I need support right now. At five in the morning I have to get up and get her ready and take her- I think she has to be there at 7am.

Please pray for her! I do hope she will make it...

I have never been more upset this year- it's the third most upsetting day of my life. The most upsetting was Max's death, second was my old beagle Goldberg's death, and Ember's spay is right up there. :(

I am so nervous it's not funny...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Oh geez, I know I will be the same way! Think good and positive thoughts, and try to relax. Your girl will be able to sense if you are not yourself, so do your best to be strong and stress free for her. If she senses that you are "panicking," she will not be comfortable going in. Everything will be alright, I'm sure. Prayers for the both of you! <3

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I know how you feel. It is natural to feel this way.

She will be fine. I sometimes thought I was doing worse than the girls did. I was a wreck.

Do you school at home? Do you have plenty of things to do to be busy after you take her? That to me is the key. They called even sooner than I thought saying they were done and waking up beautifully.

You and your family are doing SUCH a great thing for her health. I know it does not seem like that today though, does it?? She could actually endure more physically by not doing it. You are really learning a lot about thinking beyond yourself. You are such a responsible owner.

I think it was Cherper who went and bought some fleece (or something like that) and made a snuggly blanket for her little one for when he was back home. It kept her busy while she waited for the call. Not that I would not want you to do school work!!

My girls were each just 3 pounds and all did really well so think about that. She is a bit bigger and will likely manage even better than they.

She will be home before you know it, it will be FOREVER behind you and you can cuddle and spoil her like crazy!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know how you feel. It is natural to feel this way.

She will be fine. I sometimes thought I was doing worse than the girls did. I was a wreck.

Do you school at home? Do you have plenty of things to do to be busy after you take her? That to me is the key. They called even sooner than I thought saying they were done and waking up beautifully.

You and your family are doing SUCH a great thing for her health. I know it does not seem like that today though, does it?? She could actually endure more physically by not doing it. You are really learning a lot about thinking beyond yourself. You are such a responsible owner.

I think it was Cherper who went and bought some fleece (or something like that) and made a snuggly blanket for her little one for when he was back home. It kept her busy while she waited for the call. Not that I would not want you to do school work!!

My girls were each just 3 pounds and all did really well so think about that. She is a bit bigger and will likely manage even better than they.

She will be home before you know it, it will be FOREVER behind you and you can cuddle and spoil her like crazy!!
Yes I school at home, and I could play on the computer and my wii until I get the phone call and try to progress more in the game I'm playing.

I can't wait to cuddle her and spoil her now- Im going to go play with her.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I know how you feel, I just went through this on friday with Chloe. I think I was more concerned about the whole thing than she was, she came through it beautifully and I'm sure Ember will too.

Best wishes :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I think every dog owner has felt the same anxiety/panic that you are feeling when it is time to drop them off at the vet. It's scary. I know exactly how you feel. When Brody had his surgery, I tried to stay busy (like Karen suggested) to keep my mind off of it so I wasn't just sitting and watching the clock.

Maybe you could have the doctor call you when she is done with her surgery for an update? Then you could have peace of mind that the surgery is done and she is resting until time to go pick her up.

We will be here for you and thinking of you tomorrow. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts