Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so Bijoux had her first emergency trip to the vet today :( It allll started on our trail hike, I take Lincoln on the trails off leash whenever I can and lucky for me I could today. So were not even 15 min into our walk and Bijoux starts to squirm in her carrier I knew she wanted out, I walk these trails so often I felt safe letting her go.

So as were walking I notice they round a little bend, about 10 feet ahead and I can't see them. I call them back and just as Linc comes into view I hear this ungodly scream.

I have never run so fast in all my life.

I run grab Bijoux who is screaming the whole time and limping towards me. I was relieved to see she'safe -at this point I was ready to beat what ever had her in it's mouth- but she's crying.

So I rush her to my vet who thankfully agreed to see her on such short notice and now our little girl is on bed rest for 4 days with a follow up on the 7th -also when she gets her 2nd shots- They are not sure what happened but i've been assured that she is fine, just sore. She is currently sleeping beside me and doesn't seem to even remember what happened today.

I on the other hand will never ever forget today or that sound. I sincerely hope nobody on this forum will/has ever hear it either it was the worst sound I've ever heard. If you have heard it you know exactly what I am talking about...

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I know how you feel.. The week after I brought Penny home we had an emergency vet trip. To make a long story short, I tucked her in my sweatshirt to carry her on Lion's walk, and her skin got caught in the zipper. Never heard a worse sound in my life :(.

·
Registered
10 Posts
that scream

:hello1:when mya was a baby i left her on the bed to answer the fone(she was asleep).i didnt even get 2 the fone when i heard a high pitched screech over n over.she fell(or jumped)off the bed n broke her leg.the vet was 10 blocks away n the car was being repaired-i ran the entire way.she spent 6wks in a tiny pink cast.when they finally took the cast off she walked funny for about a week LOL

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Yes, I have heard it or at least a dacshund version!! I had a long hair mini dacshund, of course, he used to sleep on the bed with us. (which is another reason, no more dogs on the bed for me!) Well, one morning he jumped off the bed, not a high one, that was about 32 years ago, when bed frames and mattresses weren't so big! Well, he "screamed and screamed," he was dragging his hind quarters on the floor, trying to move, screaming! And of course, I was fairly new to the area with three kids, the youngest, just a few months old. Took him to the vet, he had hurt his back. He didn't need surgery, just lots of rest. It is definitely a sound you "NEVER" forget! Poor Bijoux! I'm sure she'll get lots of lovin' while recuperating!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wow, that is scary! I hope that you keep him on lead from now on. They are so small and things like this can happen so quickly. It's just not worth it letting them run loose, especially when they are puppies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts