Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... as most of you know, last Sunday little 3lb Emma suffered a major head injury.

The swelling has gone down quite a bit... but she still has a lot of fluid in the top of her head. We had her after-spay recheck appointment Friday afternoon, and we spoke with our vet about her head injury.

Our vet has put her on a run of prednisone to try to get the rest of the swelling down. She did an intraocular pressure test... showing that Emma does have a higher level of pressure. Vet is afraid of hydrocephalus... BUT Emma shows NO signs besides the swelling.

After the swelling goes down more, we're going to a neurologist to have Emma looked at for any longterm damage. We may have to have an MRI done on her to check for fluid.

She's doing very well, though... spunky as ever, and wanting to play constantly. It's hard to keep her still.

I'm going to take some pictures today (it's SO nice outside) to show how much the swelling has gone down.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
So glad she seems to be doing well and that the swelling has gone down!! :)

There's nothing more frightening and worrying than when our babys are sick or injured! :(

Please keep us updated!

Can't wait to see pics~ Emma is gorgeous! :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
You know...the fact she is acting normally & is spunky as ever is wonderful! Hopefully it will just take some time for the swelling to go down completely but not suffer any lasting effects of the accident. I can't wait to see some new pics of her. She's such a sweet heart. :love5:

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts regardless... :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
poor baby emma!!!! :( so much to go thru, poor you too!!! i hope the MRI helps and that nothing shows up as seriously wrong. cant wait for pics!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

I'm so thankful that things went the way they did. A week ago today we were concerned she wouldn't make it (she was at the e-vets).

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so glad she is doing better and that the swelling has gone down. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and hoping things continue to improve for her. :) x

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Can't wait to see some pics of Emma! I'm happy that she is progressing well and glad she gets to see a neurologist. Please keep up updated. Those pics last week killed me to see her like that.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much!

I posted up some pictures under the picture section. She looks sooo much better!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm so glad to hear this! I had missed the post of what happened, so I just went back and found it. Oh my! I would have been in a panic.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so glad to hear she is doing better. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Happy to hear that she is doing better. What a scary day that was for you. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures and hope all the swelling will go away quickly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts