Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Yesterday I decided that it was time for a nail trim. I went and got Emmie, and proceeded. I use a dremmel. Front nails went fine. Then we got to the hind leg nails. Well the pads on several of her feet have grown so close to the nails (vet said it is like a callus.) that it was hard to get them with a dremmel. I went and got my kitten/cat nail cutters. The next thing I knew, I had quicked her nail. OMG!!! the blood!! I know there is a vein that runs down the nail, but really! Blood kept coming, and I kept putting pressure on it; as soon as I looked it started up again. Finally got the quick stop, tried that. I finally after 20 minutes of carrying her around, bleeding all over me, the floor, the chair, my roommate and herself, I called the vet. Much laughter there. "Hey Sue, would you clip my nails, so I can get out of work"? It took about 10 minutes, but she came out looking fine. No more blood. I spent today washing her crate pad and other things she got blood on. I am going to take her to the groomer next time. (this is the second time it has happened.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts